Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4391  
Old 12-12-2013, 12:57 PM
GT500 MC's Avatar
GT500 MC GT500 MC is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Boat: 2010 x14v
Location: CO and some MN and MI
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjen View Post
You will love it-suggest you look at 3M for at least the bumper-I was too cheap to do it when I bought my truck and the painted metal bumper is a chipped/rusty mess now.
x2. I did this on my FX4 on front/halfway on hood/back of mirrors and in two years not a chip.

gsxrjtt - let us know what you think of the Pirelli's. I know that's what comes standard with your upgraded wheels. I have the Goodyears (with stock wheels) and love them. My buddy has had two of these trucks - first one with Pirelli's then the Goodyears. Says he would never buy the Pirelli's again. Wore down too fast and didn't like the feel of the ride.
Just looking for another opinion. Thx.
And nice-looking truck.
Reply With Quote
  #4392  
Old 12-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Aric'sX15's Avatar
Aric'sX15 Aric'sX15 is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 85' S&S
Location: DFDUB
Posts: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 MC View Post
x2. I did this on my FX4 on front/halfway on hood/back of mirrors and in two years not a chip.

gsxrjtt - let us know what you think of the Pirelli's. I know that's what comes standard with your upgraded wheels. I have the Goodyears (with stock wheels) and love them. My buddy has had two of these trucks - first one with Pirelli's then the Goodyears. Says he would never buy the Pirelli's again. Wore down too fast and didn't like the feel of the ride.
Just looking for another opinion. Thx.
And nice-looking truck.
the pirellis are absolute garbage.
__________________
"if one day the speed kills me, do not cry because i was smiling." -Paul Walker
Reply With Quote
  #4393  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:02 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,597
Unless were talking ultra high end, Pirellis are completely overrated, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #4394  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:03 PM
zsqure's Avatar
zsqure zsqure is online now
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Location: in the 330
Posts: 619
GSX and Aric,

Try this place for clear bra kits. Pretty easy to apply, just like window tinting. Did my Beetle in a couple hours.

http://www.clearbra-kits.com/store/p...dCategory=2370
Reply With Quote
  #4395  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Shooter McKevin's Avatar
Shooter McKevin Shooter McKevin is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Boat: 2000 Prostar 190, LTR 330
Location: Calgary Canada
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjtt View Post
In the sun

Attachment 103785
Attachment 103786


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like a motorbox in the back... I didn't know Ford made V-drives
Reply With Quote
  #4396  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Aric'sX15's Avatar
Aric'sX15 Aric'sX15 is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 85' S&S
Location: DFDUB
Posts: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
GSX and Aric,

Try this place for clear bra kits. Pretty easy to apply, just like window tinting. Did my Beetle in a couple hours.

http://www.clearbra-kits.com/store/p...dCategory=2370
completely reasonably priced!

150 for the front end of my bmw, this is now on my list!
__________________
"if one day the speed kills me, do not cry because i was smiling." -Paul Walker
Reply With Quote
  #4397  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:11 PM
gsxrjtt's Avatar
gsxrjtt gsxrjtt is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Boat: changes every month
Location: south east
Posts: 908
What you didnt know .. Its the mastercraft V-Dive Edition.. lol good catch.. had to move the 190ANN from BAWS to another shop to get finished up
Reply With Quote
  #4398  
Old 12-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Covi's Avatar
Covi Covi is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Boat: 1986 Mastercraft, 19 Skier, PCM Ford 351
Location: Northeast / Vermont
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
Nice RIG! Love the wheels. I assume they are 20's? I have 20's on my rig and have been looking at new rubber. I know it's new but how are those Pirellis'? I think I may go for those.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjtt View Post
In the sun

Attachment 103785
Attachment 103786


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4399  
Old 12-12-2013, 07:42 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covi View Post
Nice RIG! Love the wheels. I assume they are 20's? I have 20's on my rig and have been looking at new rubber. I know it's new but how are those Pirellis'? I think I may go for those.
See posts 4393 and 4394 on this thead...
Reply With Quote
  #4400  
Old 12-13-2013, 02:28 PM
neil.anderson63's Avatar
neil.anderson63 neil.anderson63 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: 2007 X2
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
See posts 4393 and 4394 on this thead...
I have the scorpions - (I got a great price on them as new take offs) They are a great foul weather tire - Fantastic in the snow. Not thrilled with how quick they are wearing; I rotate and check balance, alignment regularly, they aren't going to last as long as the stock Wranglers. Not a raving fan other than in the snow.
.
__________________
Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.