Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 11-09-2013, 10:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
1) glue discussions were very interesting to wade thru. I used DAP indoor outdoor carpet glue- which I couldn't find locally so had to order thru Amazon supply. A gallon did me just fine. Trowel on, let set up then press carpet in. 2) I ordered Corinthian carpet - Called Shawn in Portland and was shipped here in three days. 32 Oz is lighter than what came out but fine for me. I unscrewed the bow sections and used a car jack with 2x4 to pop up the fiberglass sections a bit. 3) used a hooked carpet blade to cut and trim. Great tool but shape as crap- dont stab your fingers you WILL Leave a blood trail. (from experience). 4) you have to watch the thickness of the carpet if you have panels that fit together. Cooler in floor for me was tight fit. 5) I chose to take out the bottom portion of the side panels to gain floor space. 6) Save 14 inches wide x 14 feet to do the engine box bottom to match.7 Premark all the screw holes in the floor. I didn't and used the brail method of sticking an awl thru 200 times where I thought the hole was to find the screw holes.
Thanks for the write-up! Will be tackling in spring.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcreek View Post
Stritt, On my 97 I pretty much did it the same way except I did not replace the carpet under the bow seats. I ran the rear carpet in two pieces with the seam under the kick panel, just seemed easier to work with two smaller pieces. It looks like wingnut ran the front seam the same place I did just in front of the ski pole. I also used a curved carpet blade to cut the carpet back under the front seats. I bought my carpet all in one big lot from the upholstery guy. He did the engine lid and kick panel carpet along with the new skins and I did the carpet while I was waiting. Here is the thread on my 97 carpet install. It looks like wingnut did it the same except I can't tell if he ran a seam along the rear kick panels or not. I used outdoor carpet glue but don't remember the particular brand name, wish I remembered because it is holding up well. I ended up filling in a lot of the screw holes in the floor with epoxy since some of them were stripped anyway. I filled in the drivers seat screw holes and moved the base to my liking then drilled new holes. I used straight pins with little yellow beads on the end from my wifes sewing stuff to mark the holes in the panels, I just poked them through the carpet in the screw area untill I found pay dirt.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=37643&page=2
Thank you. Looked at your write up, I thought about seaming under panel down sides, looks good. Our carpet is seemed where you have a seam in fron of the observers seat, original carpet so factory placed in same area.

Our carpet is a light grey and havent found a match so will have to do the whole boat to keep consistent. Our biggest issue is it is loose through the walkways. Your interior looks great. We will be shopping the upholstry guys around here, lucky to have Viper and others 20-30 minutes away.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 M/C 205, 5.7 TBI
update 11/17

Picked up interior- Thanks to all at Viper- Especially Carl who did a great job and Tommy who helped load it up in the family van- Yes the entire interior WILL fit in a honda van. Installed the front seating area and the side panels- Look great. Did final buff and applied decals from BAWS- installed fuel tank and fuel lines. Reinstalled driveshaft, rudder, steering, prop and coupler. Ready for the engine! Engine arrived Thursday- Looks great- Thanks Mike. Rebuilt the Morse MV3 control- That was interesting. installed control cables. Next stop- Engine installation, alignment and systems component checks- Not worried about the engine but what wires and gauges work and what doesn't. Until then. Yahoo it's coming together!!
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2013, 07:49 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Looking for my first one
That boat is going to be amazing!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 M/C 205, 5.7 TBI
Update 11-25

Well Happy Thanksgiving to all on this forum. Work got in the way of progress but managed to get the engine uncrated and installed in the boat. A few pictures. (its nice to have construction friends with fun toys) to help get it in. Cranks but doesnt start - think the harness and wiring are the problem- will fool with it after Thanksgiving- No worries-
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2013, 10:33 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
awesome work... just like having a brand new boat... - awesome job.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft,205,1996
I think your boat and new interior are turning out fantastic. In looking at your picture for the front bow, is it possible that the left and right seat cushions are on the wrong sides? I don't think mine has a gap on the seat cushion and the back cushion near the windshield.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
What do you do about the busted honeycomb rear seat bottom? Mine is not broken, but it is bent due to people standing on it over the years. Does anyone know if this material can be reworked i.e. straightend
Old 11-26-2013, 01:05 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Weird seeing items screwed into the gas tank.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Current: '03 X2 w/ MCX. Former: '91 Prostar

Best. Engine. Hoist. Ever.