Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2013, 05:31 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
There is no difference in build quality.
So heres why people think we are elitists. When other companies come out with better products than what our company has to offer, we instantly shoot it down and its insta-crap. I think mc should come on to this board more often and get a clue every once in a while. There is no opinions on how mc is behind cc and malibu. Its fact. No surf system in our line up is swaying away a lot of potential customers.

Ending this thread would be stupid! You have no intrest in wake boats anyway, so move on...
Ah, but I really didn't say it was crap. I didn't use those words, they were suggested by you that is what I said. What I said were subjective opinions (ugly, looks uncomfortable). What you said was that MC was far behind ski antique, which they aren't. What I'm confirming are the way in which the two companies build their boats. I know how MC does it. I know how ski antique does it but am confirming before I spoil it. I'll give you this, cc towers are not domestic.

Wake and looks are subjective, construction is not. I will say this, if MC wasn't around I would own a ski antique. They are #2 with respect to quality of build of "the big three" with malibu a far distant #3. They are so far back I don't know how there is a consideration of a top 3, it is really a top 2.

As for my interest in wake boats, some day when I've decided to give up, I'll take up surfing....and when that day comes these boats will be at a price where I may actually be able to buy one of them.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 11-19-2013, 08:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
You can always tell when ole-man winter is here......everybody gets a little awnry.....
Old 11-19-2013, 08:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 MC View Post
You can always tell when ole-man winter is here......everybody gets a little awnry.....
And old man winter better wake up with a furry this year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2013, 09:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
Um, MC are hand laid fiberglass and Nautique is chopper gun sprayed glass particle so MC is way superior in construction just for starters but I'll have to admit while the G series are not the best look'n boat with comfy ergonomics the G23/21 wake is #1 with stock ballast and I spend hours over minutes behind the boat opposed to slum'n in the boat
I'll never say anything bad about the 04-11 XStar its the best look'n and comfy boat with a wakeboard wake nearly identical to the G23 when properly weighted with the PWT sacks
Old 11-19-2013, 09:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl xstar View Post
Regarding the use of Seadek everywhere... I know from experience that seadek can stain easily so having it lined in the entire interior is questionable. I loved being able to remove the carpet in previous MC's so not having that option plus the fact that the seadek would be exposed to constant wear is something to consider. I know it would feel great but give it a few months use and it will not look like it does in the pictures.
These are available with a removable carpet as well, the SeaDek is an option.

Obviously on a MasterCraft forum, love for the Nautiques will be hard to come by, but these boats are in now way any less than MC's offerings. In many areas they're better. Looks are irrelevant. Chevy owners hate the look of Dodges, Nissan owners dislike the Toyotas... Who cares. Is the G ugly? Maybe. Is the pickefork stupid? Yeah. Does either matter? No. Unless you're getting sick of your X2 banging holes in the back of your truck of course, then it does matter...
Old 11-19-2013, 09:32 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
Um, MC are hand laid fiberglass and Nautique is chopper gun sprayed glass particle so MC is way superior in construction just for starters but I'll have to admit while the G series are not the best look'n boat with comfy ergonomics the G23/21 wake is #1 with stock ballast and I spend hours over minutes behind the boat opposed to slum'n in the boat
I'll never say anything bad about the 04-11 XStar its the best look'n and comfy boat with a wakeboard wake nearly identical to the G23 when properly weighted with the PWT sacks
i don't think MC is hand laid anymore
Old 11-19-2013, 09:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
These are available with a removable carpet as well, the SeaDek is an option.

Obviously on a MasterCraft forum, love for the Nautiques will be hard to come by, but these boats are in now way any less than MC's offerings. In many areas they're better. Looks are irrelevant. Chevy owners hate the look of Dodges, Nissan owners dislike the Toyotas... Who cares. Is the G ugly? Maybe. Is the pickefork stupid? Yeah. Does either matter? No. Unless you're getting sick of your X2 banging holes in the back of your truck of course, then it does matter...
Looks aren't irrelevant. And your opinion on the pickle fork... Opening up the bow for more people and leg room isn't stupid if you've got a crew to make comfortable. I fail to see a reason to insult other peoples boats when you obviously don't have any real experience with the pickle fork.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:45 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Wonder why mc does not use this. http://www.vectechnology.com/index.cfm. stronger and more precise than hand or chopper glass
Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
And the problem with chopper sprayed fiberglass is What ?? weight ??

So what MC might be handlaid glass...so they save weight + costs in glass.......So that you the owner only have to add more ballast. DUH

The CC are structurally heavier built, which in my book is superior to a "light weight" wake boat which has less glass in the hull to save costs.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post

The CC are structurally heavier built, which in my book is superior to a "light weight" wake boat which has less glass in the hull to save costs.
I have seen the stringer and hull structures, at the factory, for all of the big three. The one thing I can say without a doubt, is that MC's are the heaviest built of the three. Have you seen the stringer structure in an MC??

And as for the comments of handlaid vs chopper gun..... MC hand lays first, and then installs all the aluminum backer plates (another thing CC does not do), and then sprays the chopper gun layers over the entire hull and deck structures.

Does it need to be that comprehensive? No. Essentially they are overbuilt by a large margin. CC isn't quite as comprehensive with their hull and stringer structures, but they don't need to be. Their hulls are plenty strong. I don't feel that they are behind at all, in quality of construction.

That being said, CC's are certainly not "structurally heavier built".