Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 11-16-2013, 10:01 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
There were pics of this boat on here previously, but I can't find them now. The other thread had a lot more pics.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:42 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 X Star SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03x30 View Post
I'd buy that all day long at 2x the money.

Couple of points ..

1- Cuba .. definitely a saltwater boat. Is it a saltwater series? I'm guessing its rusted out and is going to need a new motor. $2700 + labor (or there abouts).
2 - the trailer looks ok, its galvanized (not SS) and I wouldn't do anything to it.
3 - Just priced all new skins for a Malibu and it was $2k. So $4k for an upholstery shop or just find skins and DIY. I would stick to white/grey/charcoal on the colors. Don't try to incorporate that blue. Keep it neutral but complimentary inside.

All depends on what you want to do. In the states, I would buy it, fix it, flip it. You don't exactly have a huge resale market (guessing).

Just a dirty penny .. keep rubbing! It will all be worth it in the end.
1. It is a SS, and the motor looks to be in great shape. It was previously bored .030 and showed no wear on the pistons or valve walls. The good news is it will be coming back to the states with me in a year when I pull new orders

2. See trailer pics for condition, I will have to do some work to prevent further rust.

3. I was thinking the same for the skins, I am leaning toward all white/grey. but if I get the boat re-geled I may go black with blue accents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbon66 View Post
Is the problem with the interior sun damage? Looks bad considering it's an 07. It must of lived most of its life uncovered. Maybe try to go for a UV stabilized vinyl if you are planning to keep it.
The interior is sun damaged and dried out and cracked, after I get new vinyls it will definitely be covered.

In the new pics I have taken the rub rails of for buffing and I have prepped the gel coat repair spot once I get my kit in.

The platform is going to need sanding a sealing as well. Thanks for all of the replies so far, Team Talk is awesome!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:42 PM
TT Newbie

http://s306.photobucket.com/user/socooky/slideshow/

Finally! Bandwidth in Cuba stinks!
Old 11-17-2013, 01:05 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
nice project - gel damage minor compared to many I have seen... nice find..
Old 11-17-2013, 02:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
I couldn't stop smiling if I got an 07 XStar for 4k with only the interior to replace
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1999 xtar
If you need a stock Bimini hit me up... I installed a Z5 and have the stock one sitting around..
Old 12-11-2013, 11:07 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
If you need a stock Bimini hit me up... I installed a Z5 and have the stock one sitting around..
Thanks for the offer, but I already purchesed one from another member on here.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:19 AM
TT Newbie

Progress

So my mechanic is making progress and says he is going to put the motor in next week, and as long as no issues come up I should be on the water this month. Can someone with an Indmar 5.7MCX take pics of thier engine compartment to help with getting everything where it goes?

I finally got a key for the boat as well and was able to test all of the electronics. The ballast, bilge, lights all work, but I could not get the radio to come on. Any idaes of what the issue might be? All of the connections look good and I checked the fuse.

Also got my bimini in and my bow and cockpit cover.

Progress down here is slow but I will post pics once I make some "real" progress.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:52 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2004 X2
I've got to say I'm pretty jealous of you. Congratulations on what sounds like a screaming deal. You will always have equity in this boat and I doubt many can say that. Looking forward to seeing the boat totally refreshed.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '06 MC 197 TT MCX
Good luck, Godless Commie.