Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2013, 02:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
MOST of you are nuts. You can like more than one truck. I drive a 2011 Tundra Crewmax and love it. My buddy drives an F150 and I can honestly say that is is a great truck as well. As for all the bashing come on guys there's other forums for that and we can all find negatives about each truck with a quick google search. To the OP, my truck pulls great for a gas engine as well but is thirsty under load.

Cheers!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Current 2006- 200 SS 5.7 Former-2013 X30 6.2 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
MOST of you are nuts. You can like more than one truck. I drive a 2011 Tundra Crewmax and love it. My buddy drives an F150 and I can honestly say that is is a great truck as well. As for all the bashing come on guys there's other forums for that and we can all find negatives about each truck with a quick google search. To the OP, my truck pulls great for a gas engine as well but is thirsty under load.

Cheers!
I am the OP, and I agree...

I was just giving an informational post on a trip I took thru the Mountains with an 8200+ load...
Thought it would be nice for someone considering and X80....lol

My final thought was, don't do this with Trd cold air intake and Trd Dual CatBack exhaust ..
,,,, unless you have a very loud stereo

Cheers
Old 03-28-2014, 09:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 PS205, then a 2002 X9, and now a 2012 X14V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkemperdc View Post
I love lamp.....

Are you sure you love lamp, or are you just saying that?

"KC"

Cmon...lemme just push one button...
- Red X14V on Center Hill & Old Hickory lakes in TN -
Old 03-28-2014, 11:19 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Where'd you get a hand grenade?
Old 03-29-2014, 12:40 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 PS205, then a 2002 X9, and now a 2012 X14V
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time. It's illegal in nine countries, and it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

"KC"

Cmon...lemme just push one button...
- Red X14V on Center Hill & Old Hickory lakes in TN -
Old 03-29-2014, 12:45 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 Predator 350
I originally made the point that a Tundra would tow an X80 without difficulty based upon a real life towing experience of about 2500 miles cross country, towing slightly more than the rated load, due to an unavoidable circumstance. Its performance was flawless. It could have towed 1 ton more. I measured 9.8 mpg. I've done the same trip in the past with a 2003 Duramax 2500 (several times), and felt the Tundra performance, handling, and comfort was right up there. With diesel fuel prices about 20% higher than gasoline, I felt the Tundra presented a viable alternative to diesel for towing the largest boats that Mastercraft builds/built, 300 exempted, obviously. I was totally bashed as being unsafe, uneducated, and breaking laws (all untrue, I believe). The most vocal was a basher who later boasted about loading 3000 lbs of ballast into an X1, plus persons and presumably gear (about double the USCG posted capacity limit).
I'm not criticizing any other manufacturer: I love my Duramax, and I know the new Dodge tests out well. My only recent Ford experience was a 2008 F250 5.4 that was junk. But I'm not bashing any of the brands. I continue to voice my personal experience that the Tundra does not struggle with 5 tons behind it. Its an extremely capable truck. Plus, some of us think the Tundra is attractive. Maybe some of us think the F150 is ugly and boring. That's a personal opinion. Anyone's personal opinion. Not necessarily mine.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:16 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Current 2006- 200 SS 5.7 Former-2013 X30 6.2 Ilmor
Word !