Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 AM
MC Master Poster

Does it look like this?

You should be able to go to any GM dealer and find this, as long as they're still available. Did you look for the GM part number, or just Indmar? It's not a marine-specific part- not much on the engine is.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: changes every month
Where did you find these sensors ?? Do you have an extra pair any help would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2014, 10:57 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC PS 190, 1993, LT1
FYI, After a long an exhaustive search, I located 3 CPS's Indmar PN# 556036 for $37.99.

I am very disappointed in others that are trying to profit from this part being NLA from Indmar and selling from anywhere from $99 to $150. I am also very disappointed in Indmar & MC for making such a historically supreme & classic product (5th Gen Prostar w/ LT1 & Powerslot) (that is I feel still on performance par w/ current offerings from any OEM) and simply abandoning customer support for vintage products AND in a don't care attitude. However, that being said, I remain a staunch supporter and advocate of this vintage combination and plan on passing this boat on to my kids.....that is w/ help from the wonderful auto industry who has everything for this LT1 (except those dam CPS's!).

I put forth a challenge: It is extremely doubtful that Delphi Intellek produced these CPS's in a 1 off production run for such an extremely small market (boats) as compared to whats in the auto industry. What auto app did Indmar source this CPS from way back in the 90's? You figure that out & I believe you'll find lots & lots of 556036's......

The dealer I sourced these from had 3 of them. I bought just a pair and so he has 1 left on his shelf. NO, I didn't buy the 3rd and try to rip some poor LT1 owner off...... If you need this 1 CPS that he has, send me a PM.

Cheers!

Mike
Old 09-18-2014, 11:08 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Pm in.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:22 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
These CPS's are readily available from Action Water in Fenton Mi. They were made by remi and there is a replacement. Bruce at Action Water found them and he can reorder.

In indmar's defense - remy screwed the pooch and to attack indmar they should have used a more popular CPS. Be grateful Indmar did not use the notorious optispark ignition but designed one around the cadillac northstar.

http://www.actionwater.com/
Old 09-18-2014, 11:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 96 ProStar 190 LT1
Here is some information that may help you. I purchased (2) from Bruce....and here is my conclusion and/or thoughts....(please note that I could be wrong)...sensors are still be made in foreign countries outside of USA. AWS and/or Bruce's markup is probably legit after shipping cost and his right to make a small profit.

Crankshaft Position Sensor is designed to generate an electrical signal when changing the angular position of a special toothed disc mounted on the engine crankshaft. The sensor is used as part of an integrated management system internal combustion engine with fuel injection light.

Main technical characteristics:

Resistance of the coil sensor, ohms - 570 - 750
Winding inductance mH - 200 - 420
Minimum amplitude of the voltage from the sensor at the frequency of the master disc 30 rev / min, min, V - 0.3
The maximum amplitude of the voltage from the sensor at the frequency of the master disk on the 7000 / min, max, V - 250
plug connector matches the connector 12,052,648 firm Packard Electric
Overall dimensions - 30x45x69
Weight, g - 52

Operating Conditions

Temperature, C - from minus 40 to +150
relative humidity at +40 C,% - 90-100
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 09:24 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC PS 190, 1993, LT1
I don't know about this "remi' but mine were made by Delphi Intellik.

Logic dictates that a cps is a simple part that is widely used in literally millions upon millions of applications perhaps billions of engine applications. Certainly the one Indmar chose to spec our beloved LT1 cannot be unique.....

Regardless, stock oem (inexpensive) options still do exist.

I don't know anything about Bruce's story and will not make any assumptions other than he somehow got a replacement to help us LT1 owners out. So I say good show!

However, I am a firm believer in attempting to source an OEM part for OEM price and thats the challenge I took upon myself. This did in fact take several weeks of daily searching. It's like fishing, most of the time you don't even get a bite! But all is takes is one!

Cheers!

Mike
Old 09-19-2014, 10:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by manowicki View Post
I don't know about this "remi' but mine were made by Delphi Intellik.

Logic dictates that a cps is a simple part that is widely used in literally millions upon millions of applications perhaps billions of engine applications. Certainly the one Indmar chose to spec our beloved LT1 cannot be unique.....

Regardless, stock oem (inexpensive) options still do exist.

I don't know anything about Bruce's story and will not make any assumptions other than he somehow got a replacement to help us LT1 owners out. So I say good show!

However, I am a firm believer in attempting to source an OEM part for OEM price and thats the challenge I took upon myself. This did in fact take several weeks of daily searching. It's like fishing, most of the time you don't even get a bite! But all is takes is one!

Cheers!

Mike
Unless you ARE a large-scale manufacturer, I fail to understand why you would expect OEM pricing.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Did you find them as a cross reference GM part? or did it wind up being a Indmar exclusive part?
This a super good question, when you got the part does have a different GM part number on it? Only cause if it did have a different GM part number maybe easier to crossover. Or used regularly on something else.