Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 11-02-2013, 07:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 94' Prostar 205 - Indmar 5.7 TBI
Wow! Looks great man! Keep the pics coming.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Looks darn good.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:48 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X2
Well done!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:09 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Carpet looks great. That is a project I need to do this winter, any tips to offer? I have a 97 205 so its just like yours, did you lift the deck to get the carpet underneath or cut around?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 M/C 205, 5.7 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stritt View Post
Carpet looks great. That is a project I need to do this winter, any tips to offer? I have a 97 205 so its just like yours, did you lift the deck to get the carpet underneath or cut around?
1) glue discussions were very interesting to wade thru. I used DAP indoor outdoor carpet glue- which I couldn't find locally so had to order thru Amazon supply. A gallon did me just fine. Trowel on, let set up then press carpet in. 2) I ordered Corinthian carpet - Called Shawn in Portland and was shipped here in three days. 32 Oz is lighter than what came out but fine for me. I unscrewed the bow sections and used a car jack with 2x4 to pop up the fiberglass sections a bit. 3) used a hooked carpet blade to cut and trim. Great tool but shape as crap- dont stab your fingers you WILL Leave a blood trail. (from experience). 4) you have to watch the thickness of the carpet if you have panels that fit together. Cooler in floor for me was tight fit. 5) I chose to take out the bottom portion of the side panels to gain floor space. 6) Save 14 inches wide x 14 feet to do the engine box bottom to match.7 Premark all the screw holes in the floor. I didn't and used the brail method of sticking an awl thru 200 times where I thought the hole was to find the screw holes.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 prostar 205 lt1
Stritt, On my 97 I pretty much did it the same way except I did not replace the carpet under the bow seats. I ran the rear carpet in two pieces with the seam under the kick panel, just seemed easier to work with two smaller pieces. It looks like wingnut ran the front seam the same place I did just in front of the ski pole. I also used a curved carpet blade to cut the carpet back under the front seats. I bought my carpet all in one big lot from the upholstery guy. He did the engine lid and kick panel carpet along with the new skins and I did the carpet while I was waiting. Here is the thread on my 97 carpet install. It looks like wingnut did it the same except I can't tell if he ran a seam along the rear kick panels or not. I used outdoor carpet glue but don't remember the particular brand name, wish I remembered because it is holding up well. I ended up filling in a lot of the screw holes in the floor with epoxy since some of them were stripped anyway. I filled in the drivers seat screw holes and moved the base to my liking then drilled new holes. I used straight pins with little yellow beads on the end from my wifes sewing stuff to mark the holes in the panels, I just poked them through the carpet in the screw area untill I found pay dirt.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=37643&page=2

Last edited by blackcreek; 11-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 prostar 205 lt1
I like this, where did you get them?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcreek View Post

Blackcreek, I found them on this site from a member in the for sale section- Ill have to look up the name . He had a bunch of 4 " (what I bought) and some 8 " too. Very reasonable $25 a piece plus shipping for the 4 inchers.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Posting name was CaptinCarson.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:45 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcreek View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Blackcreek, I found them on this site from a member in the for sale section- Ill have to look up the name . He had a bunch of 4 " (what I bought) and some 8 " too. Very reasonable $25 a piece plus shipping for the 4 inchers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Posting name was CaptinCarson.
Pretty sure he is sold out.... But worth asking.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams