Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 10-28-2013, 04:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
JL Audio speaker grille replacement help

I have a 2006 X15 with the JL audio speakers. My grilles aren't broken but are pretty scuffed up and dingy looking. I saw some of the aluminum ones at Mastercraft by Design, but those are just way too expensive for me. Wouldn't mind just replacing them with the original plastic ones. Anyone know where to get these or something else that looks pretty good at a reasonable price? Mine are white now, but red or black may look good on my boat.

Thanks.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:44 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 X1
In my 06 I replaced my grills with the newer "sport" grills. I think it was a nice little improvement. I still have the original covers if you want them for free.

Matt
Old 10-28-2013, 06:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
Matt - I sent you a PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:15 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: TBD
You can purchase replacement grill sets, JL Audio and JL dealers sell them as a kit that includes both speaker grilles. But they only sell kits for the M770 component speakers and the M series subwoofers, no replacement grilles for coax speakers because the tweeter in integrated into the grill.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:55 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: aaa
Wouldn't mind just replacing them with the original plastic ones. Anyone know where to get these or something else that looks pretty good at a reasonable price? Mine are white now, but red or black may look good on my boat.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1na2 View Post
Wouldn't mind just replacing them with the original plastic ones. Anyone know where to get these or something else that looks pretty good at a reasonable price? Mine are white now, but red or black may look good on my boat.
Do you have the component speakers? I have 4 sets of the components. 2 sets are brand new never used, the other 2 sets are used but in great shape. All in white. Dealers sell them for $50 a set. I'll part with mine for $120.