Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-27-2008, 01:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 Prostar 205
I have some bad news. That pink stain is actually "Bacterial Excrement". It wicks right up the nylon scrim and gets right into the vinyl. It'd actually IN the vinyl, not on the surface.

Good luck trying to get it out.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:38 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover777 View Post
I have done a TMC search on this topic, but have not had much luck with the info.

I have a 2001 209 with white skins. I am getting the dreaded pink spots on my observers seat as well as one of the bow cushions.

Any advice on how to get rid of the pink and prevent its return? Magic eraser did not help.

Thanks!
Do a advanced search using "Pink" as the key word, or this Google search as shown in my sugnature, http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner...pots&sa=Search

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2005, MCX350
I too have the pink fade on my sun deck ('05 X2). It started on the patterned section and has since spread across the entire platform. I always cover the boat but unfortunately have to keep in outside during the summer months.

I am interested in trying the soft-scrub solution that johkur recommends. Has anyone else tried this solution, what were your results? I'll post some before and after pics when I get done.

I may also contact my local dealer to see if they will replace the skin, I've heard it depends on your dealer and is handled case by case.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:27 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by johkur View Post
The warranty on mastercraft specifically excludes the pink stains, which is something that is 'created' by an organism. "
Get off the seats and hit the floor with the better half during organisms! Jeeezzz, We aint' messin' up our seats!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 PS 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
Get off the seats and hit the floor with the better half during organisms! Jeeezzz, We aint' messin' up our seats!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: None this week!
My old X7 got them on occasion. If you cleaned the seats well (I use Babes boat products) and then let the marked spot bake in the sun for a good day or maybe two, the spots always went away for me.

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Old 10-28-2013, 07:13 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: several
Super old thread, but fwiw, the product from pink-away.com got rid of the pink stains on my boat.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Family Boat '08 X-Star
I worked at a dealership for a little while and we had a few boats that didn't get much use and sat with the cover on them collecting moisture that had the problem. When detailing we did use several bleach compounds that lightened the spots but the most effective remedy was direct sunlight for extended periods of time. As it is a form of very stubborn mildew, dark wet places only exacerbate this problem. So I would say put a little elbow grease into scrubbing off the top layer then take the cover off and leave it out for a couple sunny days devoid of rain. Then, once they're gone apply a protectant (most desirably the same your dealer uses on their vinyl.) I would also make sure you thoroughly clean your cover as well to ensure your problem doesn't continue. Just my $.02. Good Luck!