Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 10-25-2013, 10:43 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: mastercraft, 19 skier, 86, 351w, velvet drive 1.52.1
86 ProStar w/Powerslot

had the tranny rebuilt, was just going to install it, simple. However, after trying every thing the tranny will not bolt onto the stringers correctly, looks like the whole engine has to move an inch or so forward. Didn't touch the front motor mounts. Even switched the tranny mounts around. and turned one and both over (180 degrees) and still not able to bolt on. Has anyone had this issue. Perhaps loosen the front motor mounts ? Any help would be appreciated, Many Thanks
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2013, 06:48 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 98 205, 75, 81,80,76,77,78,79,80,82,2000 190
Have you tried swapping sides with the mounts I believe there is a left and right side.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1986 skier / prostar , Prostar190 , 1994 sold
well... I just looked at my 86 PS and my brackets look just like the way you have them in place , with the cut out portion on the bracket on the left side faces the front of the boat and on the right the cut out portion of the bracket faces the rear of the boat . Don't know if that is of any help because my transmission was rebuild by PO and one can only assume it was put back in correctly . Did you notice the engine move when you pulled the transmission ?