Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-25-2013, 01:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
Ordering New Boat - process?

I negotiated a price and options, and gave $500 deposit 1 month ago. Sent build-a-boat from website same day for color specs and its been crickets since.
I've left a couple messages with delayed or no response. With no guidance from my dealer, I have no idea what the timeline should look like, nor what kind of deadlines I should be concerned about to avoid a July delivery vs March.
I obviously dont need the boat before Spring, but when I spend this kinda jack, Im expecting the experience to be completely devoid of ambiguity.

***Dealer called...all fixed and waiting for build date***

Last edited by DHPRO; 10-25-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Do it then.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-14V
That's not right... we put in an order a month ago and I know the build date, the approximate delivery date and I've organized with the Mastercraft customer relations manager (thanks for the contact info, SchuyHigh) to have pictures taken as the boat progresses down the manufacturing line - which is actually next week.

It looks like your dealer is 'missing the boat' - although I suppose they could be busy with winterizing etc.

If you know the MC order number, you can at least contact the factory for the details.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:12 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 X-25
Can someone advise how long they take to build a boat once an order is put through? Was told a dealer may have to wait until an allocation pops open? When is the busy time of the year, and if ordered today, what are we looking at?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:49 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post
Can someone advise how long they take to build a boat once an order is put through? Was told a dealer may have to wait until an allocation pops open? When is the busy time of the year, and if ordered today, what are we looking at?
You really need to talk to your dealer. Dealers basically put in their orders for the year at the beginning of the production run. So say you are buying an X2. They may have one on order with a production date set. They can put your order in that slot and move their spec boat back in production. At least that is how I remember it. There is a date when the order goes to red status and they are locked in and can not change options. Also I think they only build certain boats certain weeks. Best thing to do is talk to your dealer.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.