Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-24-2013, 11:50 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I would think that the government going into YOUR bank account would cross ALL political boundaries. Which is why this thread will survive. We should all be in an uproar. I would hope that this would remove us from being pacified by our 'smart-phones', dancing with the stars, and american idol and awaken the 'blissfully ignorant' portion of our society and demand change. ......I can hope, can't I?
It does cross the boundaries but since this is MC's site and they have control over what is posted, we agreed to their terms of use and Free Speech doesn't apply under those conditions, NO, it won't survive if people go to extremes. Yes, we should all be in an uproar, unless we're posting on someone elses' forum or if some of us actually like what's happening. Since we're still technically a "free country", the latter is still allowed, regardless of how some might see that stance as completely wrong.

BTW- how many voted for Ron Paul?
Old 10-24-2013, 11:52 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
It does cross the boundaries but since this is MC's site and they have control over what is posted, we agreed to their terms of use and Free Speech doesn't apply under those conditions, NO, it won't survive if people go to extremes. Yes, we should all be in an uproar, unless we're posting on someone elses' forum or if some of us actually like what's happening. Since we're still technically a "free country", the latter is still allowed, regardless of how some might see that stance as completely wrong.

Come on Jim, don't open up that can of worms on this thread!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-24-2013, 12:25 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post

You are correct. I'll qualify what I said by stating that you wouldn't expect any left/right heated arguments over this issue which typically cause a thread to get locked/deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Come on Jim, don't open up that can of worms on this thread!!
Yea Jim....there is a whole thread to discuss Dr. Ron Paul!

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 10-24-2013, 12:31 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
You are correct. I'll qualify what I said by stating that you wouldn't expect any left/right heated arguments over this issue which typically cause a thread to get locked/deleted.

Yea Jim....there is a whole thread to discuss Dr. Ron Paul!
And it's a big arse thread.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:36 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
And it's a big arse thread.
Less of a discussion and more rubbing Paul in peoples' faces. The point is, this isn't what many expected to happen, yet some who didn't vote for someone who had a chance to win keep acting like they made the right choice. In that they didn't actually vote for the candidate who won, it may be true, but their vote didn't do much good, IMO.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Voting for any third party is literally a throw away vote. Paul didn't even make it to the primary for libertarian. It is fact. Go look at the state by state voters breakdown and see what percent actually threw away votes on a third party vs someone who voted for dumbo vs who voted for Romney. monumental difference. Ross Perot of 96 is a perfect example of how a third party will never win. Third time clearly wasnt the charm
Old 10-24-2013, 12:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft 190 1987 351 Indmar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskof View Post
This was emailed to me today. I don't know how accurate the source is but its still a interesting read.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billfrez...-confiscation/
Interesting is one good interpretation but so is scary.

Ten percent surtax on assets if you have a positive net worth? Stuff gets cheap when you have to sell to pay taxes. The power of an intelligent vote is the only reasonable response.
Our forefathers warned us but some have made the decision so far to ignore that. I read an article where text books would portray our forefathers as extremists and not patriots because they took a stand against the prevailing government. Just imagine thatówonder where that came from?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
I guess I didn't consider this thread could get locked if we had a debate back and forth politically.

Please don't get me wrong. I echo the sentiment of those who think this country is in hot water, government is too big and powerful, and politicians on both sides of the aisle (for the most part) are far more concerned about their careers than the people they are there to work for.

Also, for the record I checked our business bank accounts and did not see any government withdraws yet.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:23 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer12 View Post
I guess I didn't consider this thread could get locked if we had a debate back and forth politically.

Please don't get me wrong. I echo the sentiment of those who think this country is in hot water, government is too big and powerful, and politicians on both sides of the aisle (for the most part) are far more concerned about their careers than the people they are there to work for.

Also, for the record I checked our business bank accounts and did not see any government withdraws yet.
Remember, it wont say "Your Government" on the line. On mine its a blank line with a 5 cent pull, and then a blank line with a 5 cent deposit.

And if MC is concerned with this thread, they should first pass it over to their CFO so he/she can check their accounts..

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-24-2013, 02:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Voting for any third party is literally a throw away vote. Paul didn't even make it to the primary for libertarian. It is fact. Go look at the state by state voters breakdown and see what percent actually threw away votes on a third party vs someone who voted for dumbo vs who voted for Romney. monumental difference. Ross Perot of 96 is a perfect example of how a third party will never win. Third time clearly wasnt the charm
Be careful what you rule out. We had a 3rd party victory(?) where Jesse Ventura was elected Governor of MN from 1999-2003 while being part of the Reform Party.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com