Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-20-2013, 08:58 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Government Access to your Money?

So, I have a small business I do on the side and I was balancing my account, and I see a 5 cent charge on 9/30/2013 with no indication on who did it, just a blank line. Typically when you see a small charge like that its a clue that someone has hacked your account.

So when I drop off some deposit checks the other day I ask the teller if there are any more small charges like that, and why is this one on there? She then tells me that she has had other questions from other business owners and proceeds to tell me that it was the GOVERNMENT that pulled the 5 cents, but since it was done late in the month the re-deposit will show on the next statement.

My big question is this: WHY DOES THE GOVERNMENT HAS FREE ACCESS TO MY BUSINESS ACCOUNT?? WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO PULL MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT FOR NO REASON, OR ANY REASON THEY COME UP WITH??

If you have a business you might want to check this out. My next set of questions will be going to bank management, then to the so-called "Big Brother" government!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
So, I have a small business I do on the side and I was balancing my account, and I see a 5 cent charge on 9/30/2013 with no indication on who did it, just a blank line. Typically when you see a small charge like that its a clue that someone has hacked your account.

So when I drop off some deposit checks the other day I ask the teller if there are any more small charges like that, and why is this one on there? She then tells me that she has had other questions from other business owners and proceeds to tell me that it was the GOVERNMENT that pulled the 5 cents, but since it was done late in the month the re-deposit will show on the next statement.

My big question is this: WHY DOES THE GOVERNMENT HAS FREE ACCESS TO MY BUSINESS ACCOUNT?? WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO PULL MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT FOR NO REASON, OR ANY REASON THEY COME UP WITH??

If you have a business you might want to check this out. My next set of questions will be going to bank management, then to the so-called "Big Brother" government!!
The short answer- it's in the NDAA bill. Welcome to The New America. BTW- it's not just businesses whose accounts will be accessed, it's all of us. You know the Social Security payments will be Direct Deposit only soon, right? That means if we discuss this much further, the thread will be locked/removed and we can have our hands slapped for getting too political. Personally, I think this NEEDS to be discussed and debated before they go too far, although they may have reached "too far" already.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ndaa...m=122&ie=UTF-8
Old 10-21-2013, 08:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
Wow!! This is REALLY SCARY and preposterous!! I am a partner in a business and need to look at this too. Double D, what do they need or why were they withdrawing 5 cents? Sounds like test to know that it went through for them or something.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Without digging thru the whole law - what paragraph gives them the authority to do so?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:06 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer12 View Post
Wow!! This is REALLY SCARY and preposterous!! I am a partner in a business and need to look at this too. Double D, what do they need or why were they withdrawing 5 cents? Sounds like test to know that it went through for them or something.
It was a test- kind of like when some web sites request one cent for a free trial period.

People called me 'paranoid' when I voiced my concerns in '07-'08 and when new members of Congress were running for office, but I guess I wasn't far off. It's our duty to be skeptical, but too many decided that voting for candidates that had absolutely no chance of winning was a better choice than keeping someone out of office. Unfortunately, none of the candidates were going to be very different and they definitely aren't what we need. At this point, Congress has the lowest approval rating in the history of this country. The question now- what are we going to do about it? Forget about what they'll do- their goal will to raise the rating, not do what we need. They care about staying in office more than anything else.

We need to turn this bus around and if they tank our economy, they'll be tanking the World's economy and it's the reason China has already started trying to stop the US currency from being the reserve currency for the rest of the World.

We're scrood.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:15 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Without digging thru the whole law - what paragraph gives them the authority to do so?
I'll look for it- I got an e-mail with a link to it but haven't located that message yet.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I'll look for it- I got an e-mail with a link to it but haven't located that message yet.
I read the lasts weeks law - about getting the government open again - almost put me to sleep... Ironically the main stream media blasted Mitch McConnell (r-Ky) for getting a billion to keep the Illinois and Ohio riverway open and safe. Locks and dams crumbling.. eash - I could see what would happen if that shut the rivers down..
Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
I read the lasts weeks law - about getting the government open again - almost put me to sleep... Ironically the main stream media blasted Mitch McConnell (r-Ky) for getting a billion to keep the Illinois and Ohio riverway open and safe. Locks and dams crumbling.. eash - I could see what would happen if that shut the rivers down..
I'd hate to see what could happen if a dam fails. Not only would shipping be on hold, it would take out a lot of what's downstream. If they can't open the locks, it would probably be far worse than the flooding Nashville saw during that storm a couple of years ago.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:06 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-25 6.2 Ilmore
"When people fear the government, there is tryanny.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-21-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitilldark View Post
"When people fear the government, there is tryanny.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
I guess we know where we are..