Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2013, 09:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Our kitchen aid cleans much better than the Bosch and lg we had in the past. Prior to that was Frigidaire, don't get me started on that pos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman View Post
Not sure why the love for the KA dishwashers.. I bought into the hype doing the same research a couple years back.. ours is one of the better higher end ones.. It's a POS. Not sure why most can't see through the hype.. it's really no different than most of the whirlpool and other rebadged ones.. it has different buttons, door, and a label. Otherwise it's the same unit inside the wash area. That said. I paid pretty decently and look forward to the day (not the bill) when it's replaced with something else. I'll put it this way the old cheap plastic tub one that was in the prior house cleaned dishes MUCH better. The only thing the KA has going it is quiet. I took a hard look at Bosch but noticed that it was smaller inside.. and the tines are really close together so it may be hard to fit many dishes in there depending on the style/depth of plates/bowls. I also thought I wanted a heated dry.. not sure if that has any merit in real world use though. Either way the Bosch didn't have a heated dry.

I have a theory that modern dishwashers (along with clothes washers) are wrapped around the axle with efficiency and low water use. In the end I want my dishes and clothes clean after a cycle. I'd rather a bit more water or energy used but the job actually be done well as opposed to being able to "market" how good it looks on a spec sheet in the store. I'm sure that has something to do with how well the old cheap dishwasher could clean the heck out of dishes yet this one around a $G may as well just hand wash. That said I'd gladly trade my Front load washer for a traditional top load old fashioned water hog clothes washer.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X10 2004 5.7L
Send a message via AIM to dmayer84
We just got all kitchen aid for our kitchen renovation. Dual fuel stove microwave/convention oven hood and dishwasher. We have a couple year old samsung fridge that has worked well
Old 10-15-2013, 08:20 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
we built our dream kitchen a few years ago and did all work ourselves. went with jenaire and couldn't be happier . we also did an indoor gas grille so no more grilling outside when its 20 below a word of advise if you do a lot of entertaining go with double ovens
Old 10-15-2013, 09:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X-Star 2003 X2 (SOLD)
We love our GE cafe oven and cooktop. We have a fisher pascal dishwasher that has two drawers. Jury still out on that.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Mastercraft S&S
As stated prior to this for a house of that caliber don't mess with any of the mid range stuff...

Go with Viking, thermador, sub zero or wolf. More expensive but worth it in the end, that is saying you are going with high end finishes everywhere else in the house.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Check MFS Supply . Com. It will save you $.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2013, 11:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Falcon
We just switched out our kitchenaid double oven fridge and dishwasher. New 5 years ago and the ovens were crap. My wife is an avid baker and we went with Wolf ovens and lg fridge and dishwasher and they are all better than the kitchenaids we had. She loves the Wolf ovens.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 209 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ORidr View Post
Dishwashers: When we were shopping for appliances we went to a local place that is big but still family owned. When I asked "what would you put in" the woman went right to the Mieles. After doing my homework about the leak protection it made me realize they were $$$ but worth it. As a side not my office mate just had a 2 year old fridge with an ice maker go on the fritz for 2 hours one Sunday morning before he found out about it. Water leaked for 2 hours and ran across the floor and got under all manner of stuff. End result was over $20,000 worth of damage to his floors and cabinets. His cabinets were particle board boxes and the bottom 2" turned to oatmeal. To me I would NEVER own an icemaker or water in the door fridge for love nor money. My insurance agent says they and washing machines are the bane of his existence. There are WAY more floods than there are fires in houses and the damage is far more substantial.

Cooktops: around here big 6 burner cooktops require hood and those hoods require make up air handlers. That adds significantly to the cost of a kitchen.

Cabinets: What? Can't everybody make their own kitchen cabinets as part of the hobby?

My current kitchen. Door panels are curly cherry all from a single log, and the door frames, styles and rails are all from another veneer grade log that the veneer buyers snubbed because the tree died. The door frames had matching grain across the fronts and from top to bottom because I cut all the pieces from the boards and kept them together. Yeah, I can take OCD to a whole new level.

The canned tomatoes are from my gardening hobby. That was a busy afternoon for me.

Great looking kitchen you have there.
Is there a forum about building and remodeling. Love to see some pics to get some idea's
Old 11-05-2013, 03:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskof View Post
Great looking kitchen you have there.
Is there a forum about building and remodeling. Love to see some pics to get some idea's
GardenWeb Forum
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/

Home ideas, Houzz
http://www.houzz.com/

My wife and designer use the Houzz A LOT!! That's what we have used for a ton of ideas....

1994 205, LT1
Old 11-05-2013, 09:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 190
Hmmmmmmmm....may require a site visit?

We built last year and went with Whirlpool Gold Series line...so far very happy. The dishwasher is amazingly quite, stainless steel tub and several options. The fridge we chose is french doors with a bottom freezer (29 cubic feet)...so far it has had plenty of room. When we thought about color we decided to outfit the kitchen with black rather than stainless. Our experience with stainless in the past has not been very favorable.

Good luck with your picks! Nice looking place...