Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-16-2013, 07:15 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Disney timing advice

Any help from Orlando folks or Disney frequent flyers? We are debating btw 1st wk in December or early April (spring break).

I'm sure the weather in April would be warmer, but prefer less crowds. We went in dec before and it seemed nice, except the day they were filming Xmas parade....

Does it get full during spring break is the question? Or at least considerably busier than early dec would be. Will be going for a few weekdays + weekend.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:34 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Med Blue 2012 X2, Illmor 5.7
Send a message via MSN to dpolen
We've taken the kids 5 or 6 times over the past couple of years. My wife is gung-ho on the Disney stuff. I HATE lines, I'm one of those people that enjoys a larger than normal personal bubble of space around me.

So to address your question, we generally try to find the off weeks to go there. For example, we are headed there the week before Thanksgiving. Any time kids in school have days off, people flock to Disney.

If you went 1st week in Dec, I would suspect that this would be a much slower week seeing that the week before was a prime week with Turkey Day. I think April could be hit or miss...most kids would still be in school, so it shouldn't be all that bad...better than spring break in March.

Hope this helps!
Doug

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:40 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Proper timing is 10° btdc IIRC. ;-)
Spring breaking s ridiculous. We took advice from a friend who used to work there. After start of school and before Thanksgiving is supposedly best. We had almost no lines. At this time of year Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween is a must! After Thanksgiving you start getting families taking a trip together as a family Christmas gift and such. Also, Four Rivers Smokehouse for great BBQ, and Agave Azul for Mexican and margaritas are highly recommended.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar 190, 1989, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcityskier View Post
Proper timing is 10° btdc IIRC. ;-)
I read the OP's post before morning coffee and was wondering what the 'Disney' motor option was, thought I'd missed something
Somewhere between SML and LKG
Old 10-16-2013, 08:08 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
We just got back from Disney last week. Lines weren't bad at all. It was still a little warm but not unbearable. I think either time will be fine.

There are two things I don't get... one is anyone who carries a two year old to Disney and the other is the one's who go there in the middle of the summer. I would never do either!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:31 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197 TT #11
I can only imagine that spring break timing would be horrible, especially if it is the week before or after easter.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:38 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
We just got back from Disney last week. Lines weren't bad at all. It was still a little warm but not unbearable. I think either time will be fine.

There are two things I don't get... one is anyone who carries a two year old to Disney and the other is the one's who go there in the middle of the summer. I would never do either!
We were at Disney World and Universal Studios last week also. Warm, lines and as noted many very small children sleeping through the park.

I wish I would have come up with the idea of having people pay good money to stand in lines all day long...........
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 10-16-2013, 10:38 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
I read the OP's post before morning coffee and was wondering what the 'Disney' motor option was, thought I'd missed something
Actually there is a Disney motor, a mercruiser for boats used at The World Contemporary Resort.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 10-17-2013, 01:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Disney is cool for the Holidays as they go all out on the Décor (World, that is). Stay the heck away though from Dec. 15th- Jan. 5th or so though. Huge crowds with bowl games marathon races and every New Yorker there ever was in attendance. I was there one year and they set an attendance record that day. Believe me, you do not want to be there then.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:07 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Don't go on Presidents Day long weekend...