Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 10-13-2013, 07:37 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Prostar 209 2004
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for all your work!

I will only return to the trailer to work on it next week.

I thought your boat was out of the trailer, so you had a lot of trouble getting the measurements!

I think I have all I need, probably only need you to confirm one measurement on the front V-Block, let me know when you are around the trailer again.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2013, 05:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Glad I could help.

It was easy once my wife and I were on the same page. I rolled around on the creeper measuring, and she wrote the #s down. I had a sheet with the bunks drawn as lines and an area at the front, middle and rear of each with A and B lines for #s. I just told her where I was and said what the reading was. She held the paper down under the boat for the first few measurments to make sure we were in sync.

My only concern is that your crossmembers may be at a different angle than factory, and then the "B" measurements I gave you would be off for your build.

Let me know if you need another measurement or check. I'm here with the boat/trailer.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:33 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Prostar 209 2004
Great team work!

I think the cross members have the same angle than the factory trailers, as I compared pictures from several trailers.

I think the last measures I need are the ones on the v block on the pic bellow.

I think we will have a perfect fit! Waiting for the coupler to arrive to finish the trailer an pull the boat out of the water.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2013, 07:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
I have the channel in my V block to allow the long bow eye for the boat buddy to pass without hitting. The D measurement won't work if you're building it without the channel. Not sure if the E measurement is the same with either design.

The measurements on mine (if you want to use them)...
D= 6-3/4
E= 10-5/8

Name:  V bunk.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  54.4 KB