Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 10-14-2013, 07:03 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Looking for my first one
Never received a response from the seller and the listing has now been removed, guess I'll never know!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:24 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '96 Prostar 205 LT-1
There was an ad for an awesome maybe 1990 green metal flake 190 in Dayton Ohio. It was on here and he keep dropping his price. No idea if it is still out there or not. I could use an excuse to go look at it. It is a long way to California here.

Also, as a 205 owner, the extra room is nice. There is a big difference between the two. I suggest you really understand the difference in the two prior to buying and shipping around the world. If you can identify how you will use the boat, people will chime in on here and help you figure out which may work best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-14-2013, 09:13 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethebt View Post
There was an ad for an awesome maybe 1990 green metal flake 190 in Dayton Ohio. It was on here and he keep dropping his price. No idea if it is still out there or not. I could use an excuse to go look at it. It is a long way to California here.

Also, as a 205 owner, the extra room is nice. There is a big difference between the two. I suggest you really understand the difference in the two prior to buying and shipping around the world. If you can identify how you will use the boat, people will chime in on here and help you figure out which may work best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Thanks for your advice and you aren't the first to identify that in relality the 205 is more likely the better boat in my circumstances, we are a family of 6 so the extra space is definitely a bonus, I was concerned that the 205 would be wider and thus harder to ship but have been forwarded a copy of the owners manual and both have the same beam so should transport okay, I do need to confirm that the extra length doesn't present a more difficult problem. My shipper is already telling me I am likely to take up the space of two cars in the container so would need to pay for two spaces, if the extra length then means a car can't fit in front of the boat in the container and I have to pay for a third space in the container it becomes too cost restrictive. I'll sound out how that plays out

Last edited by sdrew; 10-14-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-21-2013, 09:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 mastercraft prostar 190
Sorry guys, for once I got there first

Wasn't a scam. I'm the new owner of the boat talked about in this thread. It was in Phoenix. Took off of work and drove from Colorado to check it out. It is as new inside and out, has 199 original hours, and has had regular yearly dealer maintenance. All the parts and repair receipts, and original manuals were included. Was stored inside in climate controlled garage. It has not been in the water since 3/2012. Color is White and Yellow, all decals intact, teak swim platform like new, engine looks unused, no rust stains, dirt, oil, etc. The boat has a two year old custom boat cover, and bimini top, and a four blade prop used twice. It had a $2,500 four speaker, Sony audio system installed in 2010. Sits on an excellent condition tandem axle trailer with disc surge brakes, new tires, bearing buddies, the "bow ring buddy lock" thing, folding trailer tongue, and chrome rims. Got it home and first thing was a proper winterizing. Not too cold in Phoenix, so their idea of winterizing is a different thing there. Washed the road dirt off, and wiped down the interior. Only problem found is that the battery seems to be bad. Can't hardly wait until spring!!

Last edited by roadster02; 10-22-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-21-2013, 10:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1983 Stars & Stripes
Awkward! Seriously...congratulations! Sounds like an amazing find. Got any pictures?
Old 10-21-2013, 11:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

pics

Haven't taken any yet. I would not know how to post them if I did.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:38 AM
TT Newbie

Congratulations!! I'm cool with that and I hope the boat brings you many hours of enjoyment! The seller never contacted me so it's not like it was likely to happen anyway so I'm glad someone on here scored it All good, I'll find something!!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190
I had a feeling the boat ad (and the boat) was real! I can see why you took off work and drove RIGHT then.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

I considered waiting until the weekend, but the wife reminded me how many times I had lost out due to different delays.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

I am going to try and post a pic of the boat. The only pic I have at this time.
Attached Images