Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 10-06-2013, 12:40 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Yeah, I have read through that before. I may have to read over it again. I really don't want to have to mess with taking it apart or even replacing it until I know for sure that is the issue. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:54 PM
MC Devotee

Today, I got the boat out for a couple hours, intending to find out if adding some gas to the tank would help with the surging issue at top end. After I put a couple gallons in the tank, it started to overflow. This really perplexed me bc I assumed I was going through gas much faster than I had been, bc my gas gauge is reading about 1/8 of a tank. I looked at the tank under the floor and it was indeed full. I know the gauge was working a few weeks ago when I bought it so I guess I need to check the sending unit. I was really hoping that if I added some fuel, then the fuel pump issue would be resolved. Now, I have just added another project to the list of things to do for the winter. I think sadly, the most productive thing I was able to accomplish today was to tighten the nut on the back of the ignition.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:59 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2MC View Post
Today, I got the boat out for a couple hours, intending to find out if adding some gas to the tank would help with the surging issue at top end. After I put a couple gallons in the tank, it started to overflow. This really perplexed me bc I assumed I was going through gas much faster than I had been, bc my gas gauge is reading about 1/8 of a tank. I looked at the tank under the floor and it was indeed full. I know the gauge was working a few weeks ago when I bought it so I guess I need to check the sending unit. I was really hoping that if I added some fuel, then the fuel pump issue would be resolved. Now, I have just added another project to the list of things to do for the winter. I think sadly, the most productive thing I was able to accomplish today was to tighten the nut on the back of the ignition.
you were in your boat.. - she'll heal in your hands...
Old 10-14-2013, 12:29 AM
MC Devotee

Now I have to just find the time to get back over there to work on her. Looks like I may be bringing it to the house sometime soon.