Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 10-08-2013, 11:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X10
Replaced mmdc and still nothing.

Today I replaced my mmdc on my 2003 x10 and my gauges still don't work. I bought a new mmdc from medallion and my gauges still don't function at all. The plugs all have power and ground that go to each gauge. I even tried only plugging one gauge in at a time. I checked all fuses and wires I can't figure out what the issue is. The boat starts and runs but I do have a check engine light on. Anyone have any ideas or tips I can try.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:02 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
If the light is on, then there is probably a code being thrown. You could get that checked at a dealer and go from there. Have you tried replacing a gauge? I wouldn't think that would be the issue, but just a thought. Where in the SE are you?
Old 10-09-2013, 08:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

I am located in Niceville FL. So far i am unable to locate a local dealer that has a computer that would read the code. The closest dealer i could find was near Birmingham.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

I have read many times though that the check engine light would not cause the gauges to not function.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

I called medallion multiple times today and they have the worst customer service in the world. I asked them for a troubleshooting guide and they emailed me a picture of an mmdc. I called them back multiple times and they won't return my calls. I will keep calling tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:19 AM
TT Enthusiast

I finally got a troubleshooting guide from medallion and I took a volt meter and started testing wires. It turns out my original MMDC is good. I will be sending the new MMDC back for a refund. I have narrowed down the issue somewhat.

The correct volts are going into the MMDC and out of the MMDC but the 4 wire plugs that go into the back of each gauge is not receiving the correct volts. I think this means that the issue lies in the wire harness between the gauges and MMDC. I have checked the 3 fuzes i could find and they are good, i can't find any broken wires. I am confused on whats going on.

Anyone have any advice for me?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

I just spoke with medallion again and they told me to unplug my Perfectpass and re-test all the wires. I don't see how this is related since my perfect pass is working fine and hasn't changed at all.

They also said the speedo calibration buttons are tied to the MMDC. I will be checking that switch tonight to test for a bad breaker.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

I ordered new gauges from Medallion and installed them. Everything functions as normal. I still have a check engine light on so I will be taking it to the dealer at some point but at least my gauge issues are over.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topp dawg View Post
I ordered new gauges from Medallion and installed them. Everything functions as normal. I still have a check engine light on so I will be taking it to the dealer at some point but at least my gauge issues are over.
What is the resistance from the MDC ground to the battery negative post. Not the cable clamp, the post.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:10 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topp dawg View Post
Every single gauge in your boat went bad at the same time?