Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2013, 02:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, Indmar 351
Send a message via Yahoo to JMann
It's probably to much water for something simple but I would start with the shaft packing and rudder box then go from there.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1989 prostar 190, ford 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMann View Post
It's probably to much water for something simple but I would start with the shaft packing and rudder box then go from there.
Yeah. I pulled up the floor and put some water in the bilge yesterday. didnt see anything out of there, but i think the only way i will be able to recreate it is if i put the boat in water with the floor up.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Run the boat with the floor up too see what the shaft is doing. Could be coming in a lot once its in the water
Old 10-09-2013, 07:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1986 Mastercraft, 19 Skier, PCM Ford 351
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
For what it's worth. I owned an 89' at one point and noticed that it was taking on some water. I checked all the areas that I know that could possibly be letting it in, to no avail. Finally one day I was swimming around the dock while the boat was on it's lift (well out of the water) and I notice a platform bracket screw was missing. Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnagy1329 View Post
well... took the boat out last weekend. Had a great day of tubing and wake boarding. when i left the boat in the water overnight, i came out the next morning to find the bilge full of water and about an inch of water on the floor. it has since dried out and it still runs fine and all the gauges work, but i checked the tranny fluid and its cloudy now. gotta get everything flushed out. I put some water in the bilge to see if anything leaked out. Nothing came out. i cant seem to find any cracks in the hull besides some minor gel coat cracks and scratches. has anyone else had a problem like this? If not im gonna take it down to mastercraft and just have them check it out.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:54 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Stars&Stripes, 351w, grey and blue
This is going to sound stupid, but make sure the drain plug is properly secured. You'd be amazed how much water could get in overnight if that is leaking. I hope it something simple for you.