Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 10-08-2013, 10:47 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
I have the same hull, not a bad wake - but respectable is a long shot for wake board.. wake is butter smooth for slalom - ok for recreational wake boarding..... V-Drive - or 96 and up hull make a better wake board wake... IMO
Old 10-08-2013, 11:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Quote:
Originally Posted by bochnak View Post
Looks like fun. Maybe I'll try it one day.

I will be primarily wakeboarding. I heard the PS throws a respectable wake loaded.
The wakeboarding wake is decent when loaded. I went from a Sea Doo Speedster to the PS 205, so the wake on the MC seemed huge compared to the Sea Doo. Now I have a 210 VRS and the unloaded wake is about the size of the loaded wake on the 205. I tried loading the back corner up for surfing on the 205 and as mentioned, it can be done, but the pocket is very small. Not worth the effort IMO. If you do plan on doing that much wakeboarding, then you may want to consider adding a tower, especially if you want to have others riding in the back seat. It will get the wakeboards off the floor as well. You have done a good job on the wet sand and buff.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:53 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
What kind of audio are you adding to this thing? Let me know how it sounds. Take pictures of taking of the combing pads....I need to drill two holes and cut vinyl my boat is a radio delete from the factory
Old 10-09-2013, 09:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 94' Prostar 205 - Indmar 5.7 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
I have the same hull, not a bad wake - but respectable is a long shot for wake board.. wake is butter smooth for slalom - ok for recreational wake boarding..... V-Drive - or 96 and up hull make a better wake board wake... IMO
I guess you can say I'm a rec wakeboarder. If I can get 3-4' of air behind this thing that would be great. I can spin 3's however having trouble passing the handle. I've been snowboarding since 95' and am used to "no rope."

Sadly, v-drives were out of budget.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2MC View Post
The wakeboarding wake is decent when loaded. I went from a Sea Doo Speedster to the PS 205, so the wake on the MC seemed huge compared to the Sea Doo. Now I have a 210 VRS and the unloaded wake is about the size of the loaded wake on the 205. I tried loading the back corner up for surfing on the 205 and as mentioned, it can be done, but the pocket is very small. Not worth the effort IMO. If you do plan on doing that much wakeboarding, then you may want to consider adding a tower, especially if you want to have others riding in the back seat. It will get the wakeboards off the floor as well. You have done a good job on the wet sand and buff.
Thanks. I'll probably start off next season with a fly high pole and see how that goes. The lake is small so dropping stuff off at dock will be no problem.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
What kind of audio are you adding to this thing? Let me know how it sounds. Take pictures of taking of the combing pads....I need to drill two holes and cut vinyl my boat is a radio delete from the factory
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001584Q9M/..._ws_us?ie=UTF8

Putting this unit in tomorrow just to get some tunes going. There will be up to 5 kids under age 6 on board, and they are not exactly quiet...LOL.

Noise carries like crazy on this lake so we don't plan on playing loud music.

We bought some $60 speakers just in case the speakers that came with boat don't work. We may return if they turn out to sound OK.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:07 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Wake should be fine for you. I have seen some crazy things thrown behind my old 78 skier. 720's, front flips, back flips you name it. All about form
Old 10-09-2013, 10:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
Wake should be fine for you. I have seen some crazy things thrown behind my old 78 skier. 720's, front flips, back flips you name it. All about form
I wish I could do all that! I'm sure I will have more than enough fun behind this thing. Looking to get into the water this weekend! Brrrrrr.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:18 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bochnak View Post
Thanks. I'll probably start off next season with a fly high pole and see how that goes. The lake is small so dropping stuff off at dock will be no problem.
You will be happy with the extended pylon. I have a Barefoot International SS Fly High for my boat and love it. Simple to install and remove, and they work great. I also normally operate from a dock so boat clutter is seldom an issue. Look early in spring when they seem to be the most plentiful if you are shopping the used market.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 10-09-2013, 10:36 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Expecting to see this sweet ride on the river at our next Illinois River Meetup... Hit me up for any decals you might need.