Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 10-08-2013, 01:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Tige RZ2, previously 99 MC205
2003 Nautique 210

I realize this is might not be the best place to ask this but in my search for a new boat i came across what might be a decent deal or could be a money pit.

Boat is a 2003 Air Nautique loaded up with all the goodies. Perfect pass, ballast, tower speakers, etc. The owner sent lots of pics which show it to be in excellent condition. Looks like it was well taken care of. He has all documentation for service since new and has given me the contact info for the dealer who sold the boat and did all the maintenance on it.

The bad. It has over 1200 hours. The first few hundred were in salt water. The last 8 years it has been on nothing but freshwater. The boat does have a closed cooling system and it sounds like the owner was pretty OCD with the maintenance.

Not sure what to make of this one. The hours alone don't concern me much but the salt water scares me a bit. So what would a boat like this be worth? Or should i not even bother with it?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:38 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
Where did he find that much salt water in Saskatchewan?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:42 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
Sorry, thinking out loud on that one... or at least thinking in type...

I suppose the question is, can you look at the boat? I wouldn't worry too much about the hours, like you said, but I would want to look at the block if it was ran in the salt before.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

The boat is in BC. I could go look at it, but it will be a long drive. Thats one reason i thought i'd ask here if it would even be worth it. The guy said he would take $23,500 Canadian but i'm sure i could go lower. Seems to be quite a bit lower than other 2003's but maybe not low enough.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Underwater running gear would be the main concern IMHO. Check that over well, if it's corroded, maybe deduct the cost to replace. Check the trailer carefully. If it's a go, might be worth drilling a couple holes to spray a little rust proofer into the frame rails, also IMHO.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-2, Indmar MCX
Not sure if it would help you any, but if it's the one listed in Vancouver, I could swing by and take an up close look at it for you...maybe see something the pictures didn't point out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retoxtony View Post
The boat is in BC. I could go look at it, but it will be a long drive. Thats one reason i thought i'd ask here if it would even be worth it. The guy said he would take $23,500 Canadian but i'm sure i could go lower. Seems to be quite a bit lower than other 2003's but maybe not low enough.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcliffbc View Post
Not sure if it would help you any, but if it's the one listed in Vancouver, I could swing by and take an up close look at it for you...maybe see something the pictures didn't point out.
Its probably the same one. Thanks for the offer, i'm going to talk to the guy a bit more and see what else i can learn and hopefully get a few more pictures. He said it was sold/serviced at Enzos and i could talk to them if i needed more info too, so i may give them a call.

Guess we'll see what happens. Any thoughts on the price if everything does check out?
Old 10-08-2013, 12:38 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
great boat! its considered one of the best wake boats to hit the market along with the 205V.
salt alone would scare me away for sure.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:44 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-2, Indmar MCX
There are a few on CL around the same year, with less hours for low to mid $30's. It sounds as though the seller is factoring the salt water use and high hours into his asking price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retoxtony View Post
Its probably the same one. Thanks for the offer, i'm going to talk to the guy a bit more and see what else i can learn and hopefully get a few more pictures. He said it was sold/serviced at Enzos and i could talk to them if i needed more info too, so i may give them a call.

Guess we'll see what happens. Any thoughts on the price if everything does check out?