Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 10-07-2013, 06:37 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Thanks mad, my hands are pretty calloused from working all the time but I think think they still need some help.

Question about gloves, I never wear gloves, wether boarding, wrenching, or lifting I never have gloves? So would gloves help or hinder me at school?
Old 10-07-2013, 07:36 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrussell View Post
Thanks mad, my hands are pretty calloused from working all the time but I think think they still need some help.

Question about gloves, I never wear gloves, wether boarding, wrenching, or lifting I never have gloves? So would gloves help or hinder me at school?
I always ski with gloves... I believe they let me ski ski longer - I have the HO 41 Tails...
Old 10-09-2013, 12:19 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190, 5.7L
I think I'm actually going to be coaching at Coble this coming summer! I have some ski school experience (3 team trips to Bennett's). You're definitely going to want to bring/buy glove liners, Masterline makes a solid pair that retails for $9 I believe, best investment I've made to date. Your own equipment is optional, and if it's a travel hassle then I wouldn't bother with it, they provide whatever you will need! Then, just make sure you're in shape, because if you're going there after doing nothing all winter, you're going to be tired by day 3!

I personally know April and Chris, they run a fantastic operation out there and are wonderful people. You're sure to love Coble!!

Hope to see you there!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
we ski about six days a week and do a twice yearly trip down to liquid edge in illinios one is seven days long and the other usually four days . take a few days off before you go so your muscles can relax and make sure you stretch out before skiing . a rope tied to a post is great for some of this . keep in mind you will ski more than you normally do on any given day and take care of your hands . I use palm guards and swear by them . if you can use a go pro and tape your coaching sessions as you will probably be given a lot of info to process .don't expect to run a personal best as you will be changing a few things in your style and will have to adjust . in my experience if you leave with a couple of things to focus on in your course work and perfect them by the end of the season you are doing awesome. it has definitely been money well spent .
Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC 2002 X30
might sound crazy but what about swinging a bat to toughen up your hands before a school. The first time my kids starts swinging he always get's blisters but during the season his hands are tough
Old 11-20-2013, 11:59 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
tie your handle to a post and practice form.. that will toughen your hands.... My handle attached to my weight machine...
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2013, 12:45 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2011, RX-7
Sounds so great! I would like to own one.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:22 AM
MC Devotee

Started crossfit Monday, I've been lifting for 3-4 years now. I must say crossfit is pretty Rough for someone like me that hated cardio. I finally completed my first workout of the day today. I think my legs will be prepped for April if I keep it up.

I must say, if you have a gym near by that has a rowing machine use it. I rowed 2000 meters today and it works your hands, legs, and shoulders good. I think it would help a lot on prepping for ski season or ski school
Old 02-14-2014, 08:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Larson 200 SEI, 2002 X Star, 2012 X-2
Be careful with some of the crossfit workouts. They sometimes have you doing technical lifts that require good form for high repititions. As you fatigue, your form can suffer, leaving you at risk for injury. The good instructors really stress form, start with very low weight, and monitor your form as you progress up.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:20 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Be careful with some of the crossfit workouts. They sometimes have you doing technical lifts that require good form for high repititions. As you fatigue, your form can suffer, leaving you at risk for injury. The good instructors really stress form, start with very low weight, and monitor your form as you progress up.
That's how They have been teaching me, good form low weight to learn the technical lifts. Thanks though!