Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2013, 04:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDC View Post
+1 on the battery tender.

I have seven of the BTs in my garage. Over the years, one or another would go dead, typically from a surge when the power flicks off and back on. The first time, BT warranted their product. The last two times, they would not warranty saying that I had mine too long (I owned less than 10 years VS their 10 year warranty), so my song and dance to Battery Tender folks includes a middle hand digit aimed in that direction...

Don't use a trickle charger unless you plan on monitoring it daily. Trickle chargers don't ever turn off. Get a charger that goes into float mode (stops charging and monitors voltage).

I keep my batteries plugged in year-round. No need to take them anywhere other than their designated placement. The beauty of plug-and-play-and-forget.

Battery tender = connect it and forget it... until spring.
Done with Battery Tender due to their warranty service. After being a loyal customer for eight years, they won't honor my older warranties.. . Going to another brand...

+1 on a trickle charge. Ever leave a pan of boiling water on the stove forever? Same principle...

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767