Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaprlud View Post
My uncles stepson owns Mow and Snow on Magadore rd in Kent. He may be able to help with a trade in or end of year clearance. Last time I was there they had Exmark and Big dog. ask for Sean tell him Emmett sent you. 330-676-9300. It's a small shop he opened 2 yrs ago.
Hey, Hondaprlud I work just down the street from that place.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1985 mastercraft 351
I've had a wright stander for about 5 years. It's a 2000 model, bought it with over 2000 hours. It had a newer 23hp Kawasaki motor on it when I bought it.
This machine has been unbelievable, built like a tank is an understatement . Very few moving parts, very easy to see over the deck. Extremely stable on hills. So much more than what I thought it would be, and I knew it was highly regarded because most landscapers use them in the Chicago area. When toro. Great Dane and ex mark copy it, it can't be bad! It's the original stander.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Uh,....if you have a stand up zero turn where do you put the beers? 4 acres would drain a 6 packer pretty quickly.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Own a 78 MC S&S
?

I am new to zero turn mowers.... PO had a 60 Dixie. Mine is a 36" Dixon...

But my yard is pretty steep, and if I loose traction or turn it wrong it just takes off on me....Completely out of control. Almost bailed off of it once....

Common?
Old 09-28-2013, 07:59 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Thanks, hadn't really considered Bobcat as for some reason I thought they were getting out of the mower business. Will have to take a look. Are they priced considerably less.

I will be regularly mowing about 4 acres of lawn and then have an additional 3 acres of former pasture that I want to keep mowed down and nice (not the smoothest area due to horse traffic but I am working on rolling it smoother).
I have a ten year old bobcat and it runs like a champ ... Can even cut a small section of aluminum fencing if you let my wife drive it!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Thanks for the advice guys, I will begin my search this week and see where it takes me.
Hondaprlud, thanks for the info on the place, I know that area well having grown up and live in Brimfield for roughly 18 years.

I saw a Ferris with the Cat diesel yesterday and fell in love, just not with the price tag.....upwards of $15k+! Outta my range but one can always dream!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
I don't have any experience with ZT, but I have worked the living snot out of various sizes (18-80hp) of Kubota tractors & UTVs for the past 20+ years without any sizable issues other than regular maintenance. I would guess their ZT diesels are of equal reliability but not cheap.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:06 AM
MC Devotee

Bought a mower!!!

Well, I found a deal that was too good to pass up and made the purchase. I picked-up a 2007 Exmark zero turn with the 60" deck and ultra-vac bagging system. We used it a couple of times over the weekend to pick up leaves and it does great but I will need to put new tires on it for spring. Any advice on the regular turf tires vs. something a bit more aggressive like the bar tires? I don't want to rip apart my lawn but I do have some decent hills we are mowing and I want to make sure I am not sliding down them sideways!!!

Josh approves of the mower and took his place upon it the night I brought it home!
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2013, 10:30 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Well, I found a deal that was too good to pass up and made the purchase. I picked-up a 2007 Exmark zero turn with the 60" deck and ultra-vac bagging system. We used it a couple of times over the weekend to pick up leaves and it does great but I will need to put new tires on it for spring. Any advice on the regular turf tires vs. something a bit more aggressive like the bar tires? I don't want to rip apart my lawn but I do have some decent hills we are mowing and I want to make sure I am not sliding down them sideways!!!

Josh approves of the mower and took his place upon it the night I brought it home!
Damn, you don't screw around!! Good for you and Josh!!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 11-11-2013, 10:45 AM
MC Devotee

Yeah, I try to make sure I buy with the outgoing season to get the best deals! Buy mowers and boats going into the winter!!! It was just too good of a deal to pass up but now I really need to build that pole building to store all of the stuff.