Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-25-2013, 01:06 AM
TT Regular

Boat: MC Sportstar 19, 2000, Predator
Sportstar conversion into VDrive

Hi fellow MC owners

I am the lucky owner of a MC Sportstar 19 in France, and during last two years, I have been contemplating (in details from an engineering point of view) the possibility to convert my beloved DDrive MC into a VDrive configuration.
From a US perspective, it would be obviously evident to upgrade to a used 205V/X1, but in my case local taxes associated with upgrading the boat makes it impossible to handle, plus I want to keep a small "moveable" boat with a low fuel consumption that a small crew can afford, so my consideration will only be technical.

I would need your help confirming certain components and if some of you (JimN I think about you!) might have some useful info to share:

1-I will replace my ZF Hurth HSW 45 transmission from my Predator TBI engine to replace it by a ZF Hurth 63 IV (ratio 1.56) as used on 205V/X1. Is it correct transmission? Does the motor sits flats (0 degree) in the hull with this 12 degrees trans?

2-I am trying to figure out motor position in order to keep existing shaft log position (I will upgrade shaft to 1 1/8 dia and to dripless oj seal). Does anyone have any closeup photo of an existing 205V/X1 arrangement in this area?

3-What is a typical prop I could use? Standard X1 13,7x17,5 or other? I would like to keep some skiability too....

4- Do I need the Indmar ECU be flashed to a different engine map of operation?

Thanks in advance for your help, I will obviously keep the thread updated with picture once the project is started.

Clement
Old 09-25-2013, 07:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x30
I have seen a couple of these conversion on other websites with the Nautique 2001 hull. Even though its a different boat its got a lot of good information.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum...tle=2001vdrive

Good luck and take plenty of pictures for us
Old 09-25-2013, 10:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft Prostar 190
Don't forget about your trailer as well. The balance will be off with most likely negative tongue weight. If it's off enough and you hit a bump your tow vehicle will tail whip you into the ditch.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:09 PM
TT Regular

Pmikler,
Thanks for the link, I already been through it 2 years ago. It sparked my project motivation.

Mustangtexas,
Thanks for the heads-up. I have a French road trailer I can shift the axles by unbolting/rebolting some clamps.

Clement
Old 09-30-2013, 02:44 AM
TT Regular

Any input?