Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-09-2013, 02:51 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1989 prostar 190, ford 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscraftmatt1976 View Post

And the boat looks great. Cool paint. Is that paint? Or stickers over the normal gel scheme?
As far as i could tell its normal paint. The black is raised and is a sticker. the red and white is normal, although i havent seen any like it looking around the internet.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Barefoot 200 MasterCraft 1993 ProV200 Outboard
Nice buy, just remember that anything you do project wise to take before and after pic's because ...
Attached Images

(865) 679 2246 Cph (ANYTM UPTO 9PM EST)
friant9@aol.com

I've got badass '93 MC BF 200 w/ a Yahamie ProV 200.
M O S T A W E S O M E C R A F T E V E R B U I L T
'Luv'n life behind a Barefoot 200'
atlfootr

Old 09-09-2013, 09:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 2002 X30
Leverage makes a good oxidation remover and a polish. The polish is super easy to put on. using the oxidation remover purchase a power buffer, you can get them pretty cheap.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:22 AM
TT Newbie

well took the boat out for the first time 2 weekends ago. knew the tires were bad but went anyway like an idiot. got a flat on the way. lets just say i have three brand new tires now haha. anyways... bought an orbital buffer and some meguires refurbishing boat wax and cleaner. spent a few hours and actually got a shine out of it. also sanded down the swim deck and put some new teak oil on it. i think it came out decent.

As for the interior, i went to a custom interior shop today and they quoted me between 2800 and 3200 for the interior. does that sound insanely high or is it just me? anyone else get their interior done for cheaper? I would love to know what you guys paid so i can have a base point at least.
Attached Images

Last edited by mikeg205; 10-08-2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: rotate image
Old 09-25-2013, 01:39 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
The Gel and Teak look great!

Search for "skins" on here; you'll find a lot of threads from people who've redone their interiors, ranging from buying the skins and doing all the hard labor yourself to simply taking the boat in and having it done. A lot of them have posted costs for their efforts, but $3000 sounds reasonable from what I remember. I haven't had to do mine yet.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:03 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Boat looks great. As fast as the interior goes, why not request some customer feedback from the shop? Or look online for it? Its certainly not something that I would skimp out on, but I'd make darn sure they did amazing work before I made the decision on who would do the job.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:07 AM
TT Newbie

well... took the boat out last weekend. Had a great day of tubing and wake boarding. when i left the boat in the water overnight, i came out the next morning to find the bilge full of water and about an inch of water on the floor. it has since dried out and it still runs fine and all the gauges work, but i checked the tranny fluid and its cloudy now. gotta get everything flushed out. I put some water in the bilge to see if anything leaked out. Nothing came out. i cant seem to find any cracks in the hull besides some minor gel coat cracks and scratches. has anyone else had a problem like this? If not im gonna take it down to mastercraft and just have them check it out.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:40 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnagy1329 View Post
well took the boat out for the first time 2 weekends ago. knew the tires were bad but went anyway like an idiot. got a flat on the way. lets just say i have three brand new tires now haha. anyways... bought an orbital buffer and some meguires refurbishing boat wax and cleaner. spent a few hours and actually got a shine out of it. also sanded down the swim deck and put some new teak oil on it. i think it came out decent.

As for the interior, i went to a custom interior shop today and they quoted me between 2800 and 3200 for the interior. does that sound insanely high or is it just me? anyone else get their interior done for cheaper? I would love to know what you guys paid so i can have a base point at least.
search skins as suggested... get additional quotes from other shops.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
That is scary!

I would not leave boat in water again until you sort that out.

1. Make sure bilge pump works (first) and in AUTO.
2. Check bilge pump float switch (if installed)
3. Start checking everything below waterline.

-Exhaust flanges, mufflers, hoses, hose clamps, plug sealing (maybe some teflon tape), speedo pitots, raw water intake, rudder (grease), shaft nut+packing and so on.

That is ALOT of water for one night left on the water!

My 91 is dry left on water for weeks at a time. The only water in bilge is after a rain with cover on (not 100% waterproof).

Hope you get that sorted!

Regarding the transmission fluid, flush and refill 2-3 times to clean out milky fluid. Get the water out. A simple fluid extractor and some conventional Dextron 3+ will fix you up.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:50 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
That is scary!

I would not leave boat in water again until you sort that out.

1. Make sure bilge pump works in AUTO.
2. Check bilge pump float switch (if installed)
3. Start checking everything below waterline.

-Exhaust flanges, mufflers, hoses, hose clamps, plug sealing (maybe some teflon tape), speedo pitots, raw water intake and so on.

That is ALOT of water for one night left on the water!

My 91 is dry left on water for weeks at a time. The only water in bilge is after a rain with cover on (not 100% waterproof).

Hope you get that sorted!

Regarding the transmission fluid, flush and refill 2-3 times to cleat out milky fluid. Get the water out. A simple fluid extractor and some conventional Dexron 3+ will fix you up.

The auto bigle works fine which is why i never noticed it when we were skiing. it kept up with any water coming in just fine. but it definitely shouldnt be taking on water just sitting.