Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2013, 12:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X9, 2003
It's funny how everyone is defending the boat they have and are trying to convince him that it would be the best boat for him

2003 x9
Old 09-22-2013, 01:52 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-30, 6.0L, 2500lbs of Ballast, 650lbs of Lead.
Ya, we are nerds aren't we

Any of the boats he is looking at will be a great boat. OP, good luck with your decision.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X9, 2003
501's after reading all the great things u have to say about ur x30 im trying to convince my dad to get it, he's still stuck on the x46 though. Wanna know why? Its pickle fork and a foot in a half bigger. I gues 20,000k cheaper doesn't mean much to him.

2003 x9
Old 09-22-2013, 11:25 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
501. The speed thing would be one of my biggest concerns. Nobody in my crew boards at 18-22 mph for the main reason of the wake is just softer at those speeds. Sure it can be bigger at lower speeds, but we like the feeling of hitting a wall and hucking you straight up. My oldest daughter is starting to ride faster then 24 now. At the boat show Adtkins (sp) told us the x-10 wake starts to flatten out at anything over 22 and he was the one that sold us on the x25. My wife loved the seating in the 10, loved the flip seat and thats the boat we were going to buy before Andrew talked us out of it.

Another thing to consider is the depth of your lake. I think if you typically run in a shallow lake you should buy a boat that has a good lip on the wake. One of my buddies has an x star and his lake is 6-12 feet deep. The wake absolutely sucks, no good definition or shape, the wake doesnt firm up till you hit 23 or 24 and then it flattens out.

The reason mc has 10 models to choose from is its all personal preference. You love the 30 and there isn't one thing we dislike about our 25. I can pick apart tons of things i don't like about other boats i've ridden, the things I don't like others like so it's all good.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X-25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambamski1 View Post
My oldest daughter is starting to ride faster then 24 now.
Wow. I've obviously never seen your daughter wakeboard and that may be the perfect speed for her, just exercise some caution. The "right" speed is obviously a matter of personal preference and debate, but one thing we all agree on is that more speed = more risk and research has shown females are three times more likely to tear their ACL than males. Be careful... Or ask your daughter to be careful.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 XStar LY6, 2006 X-15 (gone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcLove View Post
It's funny how everyone is defending the boat they have and are trying to convince him that it would be the best boat for him
My post was just to note the 15 is not a bad surf wake, I had good luck, but did need to weight the boat a certain way. My post was to simply state the 15 was on "out" in my opinion, but looks like the 30 or 25 maybe the direction they are going.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:13 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrove View Post
Wow. I've obviously never seen your daughter wakeboard and that may be the perfect speed for her, just exercise some caution. The "right" speed is obviously a matter of personal preference and debate, but one thing we all agree on is that more speed = more risk and research has shown females are three times more likely to tear their ACL than males. Be careful... Or ask your daughter to be careful.
Both my girls are pretty good riders. They have a couple of inverts that they land from time to time. They're not pro by any means, none of us are but we certainly have a riding crew with us that's better then 95% of the boats on the lake at any given time. We just find now days people don't really wakeboard anymore. They just surf. Here's a pic of her from a couple of years ago, not much height on that one...

When we ride, we don't ride in wally chop though either. Pretty much butter or nothing, maybe a ripple.... I think people get hurt learning or when they're riding in choppy conditions, going to fast for their abitlity ect ect. I always shake my head when some rips by us going to fast with knee high chop all over the place towing someone that's boarded 3 times in their life.... Doesn't look fun
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2013, 05:05 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 X30 GEN2
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shavo9 View Post
I'm getting there it's just hard with the limited ability to test all the boats, I would like people to compare the x2 (what I'm used to) to an x30, is the x30 wake better in every way? Does the x2 have any advantages over the x30? I think x30 is where I'm headed for the fact of the adjustability of the wake, but another x2 is seeming like not such a bad option either. Really looking for a comparison between an x2 and x30 would be great
I have owned an X2 for six summers now, great boat all around. Good for all sports, no complaints. On that note I have driven and surfed an 2013 X30 on a couple hour demo. Bottom line is X30 all the way. It will turn circles around an X2, surfs with ease, nimble, comfortable etc. etc.

Also to validate my statement I just ordered a new X30 on Friday. Only negative is that I lose the pickle fork front, but the gain everywhere else make up for it. I would have ordered an X10 but the interior is too small for our growing family. I have heard to X10 wakeboard wake is okay and X30 is better. I have also heard the X10 is tied or exceeds the surf of an X30. Wakes for X10 and X30 exceed all aspects of an X2.

I also test drove an X25 vs X30 side by side same engine etc. Again X30 all the way. I basically have spent two summers contemplating these two boats and based on real life testing this is my opinion . I am sure I will get some controversy over it.