Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 08-27-2013, 03:14 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Mike, you and Jason have the same problem. You are flattening out at the wake causing the ski to "hit" the wake instead of slicing through it. Jason, the position you were in when you did the pullout should be the same position you should be in to cross the wake. Notice in Mikes last picture how close the handle is to his hip. The pull through the wake is the key, in my mind, to skiing the course.
You got it hammer... !!!
Old 08-27-2013, 03:40 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
I had my wife take some video of me. Ill have to find it or take more. My miss half the run becuase of the wall of spray from my boat. I def could tell a major difference in my turns when waiting for the boat and stacking then just trying to turn rip and pull through. Alot of energy savings.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:02 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
Couple of new videos for you, post-Coble:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1bS1auxutU - Went skiing with Hammer behind my boat at his private lake. Made 3 ball for the first time, and I feel like I'm getting closer. Really balancing my weight (even though it feels like I'm standing on my front foot) and going right through the wakes. Need to focus on turning before the ball not at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob44b-gwBLs - Free skiing yesterday morning. Air temp around 50*, water temp had to be 75*, so there was steam off the water all morning. Truly beautiful. You can see again that I'm still flattening out a little bit, but since I'm so much more balanced on my ski and locking my arms to the vest/hips to the handle, the wake isn't knocking me into next week; more like a speedbump now. Still having trouble initiating turns and getting any "inside lean". Not sure how much is the wide-ride ski and how much is me. There's a 69" Radar Senate on SIA I've got my eyes on :-)

Feedback always welcome!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '07 X45 LY6
Looking better! Keep working on that pull through the wake. Especially from your left to your right. As far as the Senate, I would look for a strada over the senate from Radar anyway.

You look like I need a beer!

2001 Prostar 195 Sold

2007 X45 LY6
Old 09-19-2013, 04:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Looking better! Keep working on that pull through the wake. Especially from your left to your right. As far as the Senate, I would look for a strada over the senate from Radar anyway.
Yea I just need to spend an entire day doing nothing but offside turns and wake crossings!

Sounds like the Senate is a small move up from the Triumph, just not sure I'm ready to go all the way to the Strada level...would really like a HO CoX.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 PS 190, 02 Wakesetter VLX
Quote:
I strongly disagree with this as the Senate is a slightly wider and more forgiving version of the Strada, which at your speed and ability are VERY important. The Strada is a great ski, but its made for at least 32MPH and more aggressive skiers. I would say the Strada is the smoothest of the high end tourney skis, but the Senate is more suited for what you are working on, especially at slower speeds.

The Senate is wayyyyyy better than the Triumph. The CoX is a dog.

FWIW, I can a ski a Senate into 38 off (although it takes a bit more work than my X7), but I can't say the same about the CoX.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisonsbrodie View Post
I strongly disagree with this as the Senate is a slightly wider and more forgiving version of the Strada, which at your speed and ability are VERY important. The Strada is a great ski, but its made for at least 32MPH and more aggressive skiers. I would say the Strada is the smoothest of the high end tourney skis, but the Senate is more suited for what you are working on, especially at slower speeds.

The Senate is wayyyyyy better than the Triumph. The CoX is a dog.

FWIW, I can a ski a Senate into 38 off (although it takes a bit more work than my X7), but I can't say the same about the CoX.
Thanks...the ski is actually a Senate C, which is stiffer and less forgiving than the standard Senate (so I've read). I just don't want to pay for something that is only a slight difference OR is so hardcore that I can't ski comfortably in open water when I want.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 PS 190, 02 Wakesetter VLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMLVMI View Post
Thanks...the ski is actually a Senate C, which is stiffer and less forgiving than the standard Senate (so I've read). I just don't want to pay for something that is only a slight difference OR is so hardcore that I can't ski comfortably in open water when I want.
Yes, I was refering to the Senate C as well. Great ski. Smooth as silk. Best intermediate ski on the market IMO, yet will take you as far as you want to go. It is .2" wider than the Strada, but same design yet different core. I have put a handful of my friends on one and each one loves it.

What do you weigh?
Old 09-20-2013, 02:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisonsbrodie View Post
Yes, I was refering to the Senate C as well. Great ski. Smooth as silk. Best intermediate ski on the market IMO, yet will take you as far as you want to go. It is .2" wider than the Strada, but same design yet different core. I have put a handful of my friends on one and each one loves it.

What do you weigh?
~230lbs, down from 245lbs and planning to get to 200-210. 6'2".
Old 09-20-2013, 02:49 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
The lower weight will help...

I got out on the course last night for the 1st time in 3 weeks - 1st time since my trip and cortisone shot in my elbow...

The differences:

1. PERFECT glassy conditions on MUDDY ski site
2. Weight is down - 194.5 to 181.4 - 13# makes a BIG difference
3. Cortisone shot to alleviate pain
4. 3 weeks off to let body recover

I never sped the boat up to 34, but I was running 15/32 B2B2B2B - like not even trying... I kept asking the GF if the boat was set to 32 or she thought the buoys were narrow - it was an amazing night...

Good job Jason, I will review your videos in more detail this weekend - BTW link 2 - no worky

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...