Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-19-2013, 04:08 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ORidr View Post
We have a strict rule in our house, every hour of tubing must be accompanied by at least 2 hours of other behind the boat water activity like skiing, wakeboarding or wakeskating. When I implemented this rule last year there was complaining, but they toed the line. This summer the tube came out one time, and one time only, and it was out of the boat for a total of maybe 30 minutes. The rest of the year they spent their time riding sticks.
good rule!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:29 PM

Boat: 06 X30
I used to really enjoy knee boarding it's just that my knees cannot take being compressed like that for any length of time.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:33 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I used to really enjoy knee boarding it's just that my knees cannot take being compressed like that for any length of time.
Mine can't handle it for long either CR. Fun for a short run, once a season.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x30
FYI- just pulled the trigger. Gander has them on sale for $200 with free site to store or $20 to your house. They are normally $250. (edit i just found the the $200 one doesnt come with a rope...but i have a rope and a rope aint $50 anyway)

if your interested use the below link- If you look for it under "Watersports" then "knee boards" it comes up as 250. If you search on their site the 199 one comes up along with the $250 one.....go figure

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...z&merchID=4005

250 Seemed like a bit much for that thing and at 200 ill take it. It will be a welcome reprieve from the tube and will last certainly last longer.

Like the rule about tube time vs ski/wakeboard time. Will have to keep that in mind when i have kids.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
When we were kids, we had a piece of plywood shaped a bit like that, that we would ride on standing up. It was tied to the boat and front of the board and had ski handle and short rope tied to the hole in the front to hang on to. I remember it being great fun.

Wonder if that would work in this?? My knees wont let me ride a kneeboard anymore. The g-kids would love it.

I have a great Joker kneeboard just collecting dust now.