Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 09-18-2013, 05:45 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X30, 2003, MCX 350
'03 X30 driver side panel removal?

I picked up an '03 X30 last month and am having a ball with it, but I've got a sub amp issue I need to figure out. If there's anyone with some insight, I'd appreciate it.

The boat has 4 amps, 2 on the face of the panel in front of the drivers feet, and 2 on the opposite side of the panel. I think the sub amp got wet last week as there were some drips of water on the face of the amp after running in the rain. I think the vent leaked right above it.

It worked on/off for a bit, and now it won't work at all. However, the green light is still on (Kicker 750.1 amp).

I've trouble shot it the best I can and it's certainly not a wiring/input issue. I found a guy that repairs amps that will look at it for me, but I've got to get it out! My issue is I can't figure out how to get to it. It's on the opposite side of the panel...

I can get the panel loose easily enough, but can't figure out how to get it in a horizontal position (face down) so I can access the amp. The steering support bar is in the way, and the panel has a concaved cut on the right side. Looking at the back side of the panel from the starboard forward locker, it seems the installer left enough wiring to get this panel out...I just can't figure out how.

If I were 3 feet tall, I'd get it from the starboard locker!

Any tricks to get this panel out?