Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 09-16-2013, 09:53 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 MC X Star, PP
Fulton Trailer Jack Service? Grease?

I searched and found a ton of info on the F2, and just replacing but nothing on just servicing the current unit.

I noticed last weekend it took... both arms to crank and lots of Go Power... 05 X Star. This weekend, I saw a small hole, and I shot some grease in it real quick just to see. As I was unloading the boat, and cranking up.. did much smoother, but as I was letting it back down I noticed... it wanting to slip gears.

My thoughts or I see.. take out the tiny bolts/screws.. holding the cap on I assume. My old one just popped off. Then load the end up with grease, and just let it gravity feed for a day or so, then start using it.

If this doesnt fix the use of Popeye Arms, then I will just upgrade to something else.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

I just put a f2 on my boat not long ago and after like 2 weeks I noticed it hard to crank. So took cap off and those gears had grease so I knew it had to be inside the tube that needed grease. No way to easily get in but did notice 2 small holes inside the inner plastic box so just stuck the grease gun on those 2 holes and started pumping in a ton of grease. Worked the jack up and down unloaded full range and problem solved. It was kinda shoddy and ticked me off that I had to do this to a brand new jack though!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:16 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X2
i have heaps of problems with mine getting hard to crank . is it used in salt water a bit , but when i take it all apart (pretty easy once you work out how ) there is no corrosion and sometimes plenty of grease. once i had to take grease out and spray some lube in there to get it to work . i thought they were suppose to be low-no maintenance.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
Has anyone contacted Cequent/Fulton about this?
I thought the last time I cranked on mine it seemed harder, but I've been off work for a while recovering and thought it was just me being weak.

Contact By Phone
Cequent Performance Products
(800)632-3290

I may give 'em a call in the next day or so and see what they say. Can't hurt... if I actually get to talk to someone.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:50 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2011 X-25
oil her

I contacted them. Their service guy suggested taking top of and adding small amount of motor oil. I did this and have had no further problems.

PACKMAN