Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, maristar 210, 2000
Havenít had a lot of extra time to work on the boat in last couple of weeks, but have been playing with the blasting cabinet a few minutes here & there.

Jsturvey, I actually found where the anode was supposed to be, but was all the way gone! That will be replaced after the tank comes back from the radiator shop from being tested. I imagine it is good as the antifreeze was very green & clean; surprisingly.

The next obstacle I am facing is the raw water pump is stuck on the pulley. I have tried wedging a chisel & blade between them & let them soak in penetrating oil for a week, but no luck yet. Anyone have any tricks to get this off?

I blasted a few of the brackets I have off already & had a friend down the street powder coat them with a stainless infused powder he hasn't used before. Best part is it was free.

Luke
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2013, 05:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
Have you considered maybe using a pneumatic air chisel on the water pump? The vibration from it might soften the bond between the 2. Which brings on another question being it the block still usable with that much corrosion on it? I don't envy you having to get all that stuff apart. A boat that was prior neglected in freshwater is bad enough, but when you add saltwater to the equation, the carnage is 5x worse. As expensive as these boats are (new), I just don't know how these owners can just let them rot away like that. Glad to see you are putting new life into one.