Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-08-2013, 05:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
Ronix One vs Parks Bindings

Wife said she would buy me some new bindings for my upcoming b-day in Oct. I have narrowed it down to Ronix. I am considering either the '12 or '13 Parks or One bindings. Anybody have any experience with either, or both? I am an intermediate rider, looking to advance on a Ronix Mana board that I just acquired. I have searched reviews, evo, amazon etc. One thing I noticed is that the bindings are labeled as intermediate-advanced or advanced-pro. I also wonder what makes that distinction....?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2013, 06:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 205
Depends on how much stability you want, one is a little stiffer and Parks is less stiff (great for cable riding imo).
Old 09-08-2013, 06:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
The Parks also is shorter in the cuff. Some guys like that to tweak grabs and bone stuff out. I prefer the bit more support that higher cuff and stiffness gives. Last wise they both fit very similar in the heel but the Parks gives little bit wider forefoot and toe area. Just a bit. Nothing dramatic.

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 09-08-2013, 10:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Thanks for the input. So many choices, so many opinions. I have heard great things about the Ones, and a handful of reviews on the Parks. I understand that the Parks are more like mid-top shoes as compared to the One's high top style. Both of these options reflect in the maneuverability while involved in tricks, jumps, and landings. I am leaning more towards the firmer, more supportive style of the One's, but like the look of the Parks a little better, especially when attaching to a black/gold board....not sure...
Old 09-08-2013, 10:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 197TT #58
Try contacting Ronix. If you will see contact email addresses. timp@squareone.com can help you.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Thanks, much appreciated...
Old 09-08-2013, 11:08 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2012 Nautique 230 TE
I have the '12 ones and love them. Everyone says they are stiffer but I'm still able to poke my grabs out with ease
Old 09-09-2013, 09:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
I've tried a lot of the ronix boots.

One thing is the 13 models don't use leather on the tongue anymore, which would wear with the laces rubbing. The 12 franks didn't use leather, but now all 13 don't which is the first reason to buy 13s.

As far as boots, in terms of stiffness is you have the Cells (Code 55 now), the Ones, The Franks, then the Parks boots. The preston boots are like the franks, without the intuition linear.

The "top 4" ronix bindings are all the same quality, and there is a pro rider riding each of them (Code 55- Smith), The ones (Harf, others), Franks (Errington), Parks (Shota), so they are all pro level boots.

What distinguishes them is the level of support and flex on the bindings. That is based on what you think. I rode the Cells last year, and loved their response. You move your body, and the board immediately turns. This year i am on the franks. With a softer boot it is definitely easier to grab the board, rotate the board, ride switch, and on sketchy landings the board flattens out to the water, and I feel like its easier to ride out. On the flip side when you are approaching the wake or making turns because they are softer they can wander away from your input, and you can be more likely to catch and edge.

Just my experience, I'd demo both. Neither will limit your ability. Just preference.