Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 07-22-2013, 03:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
I found there was a very noticable difference when I switched fins on all the boards. I previously had regular Future F4 on all the boards, so there doesn't seem to be a huge difference with F4 Black Stik, but they loo ka heck of a lot cooler than the old ones.
Yeah, I have a set of glass F4's and thats why I never ordered the black sticks. I bought these Strech quads for this board but also got the subscription for fins from surfboard wharehouse.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Maristar 210VRS
I have to say thanks to Traxx for introducing me to Doomswell Wakesurf boards!
Like most of you, I had not heard of Doomswell until this post.
As luck would have it, I saw a new 4’6” Doomswell Nubstep board listed on eBay / Craigslist. The board was brand new; the guy selling it had won it in a surf competition on the Endless Wave tour.
I was interested in the board, but since there is not much information online I took a chance and emailed Brock at Doomswell. He emailed me back, asked that I call him, and gave me all the details on the board I was looking at, construction and performance characteristics, and how it may or may not fit my needs.
I actually wound emailing / calling Brock several times with more questions, and he responded promptly every time. I was so impressed with Brock, that I was seriously considering ordering a new board directly from him, but decided to buy the one on CL so that I could get it immediately.

Once the board arrived I had a question on the fin set up, so I texted him on a Saturday night, and he replied almost immediately - answering all my questions. He even followed up the next day to ask how I liked riding the board!
I have had the chance to ride the board over three weekends, the first two my PerfectPass was not working, so surfing was a challenge. Even then I was amazed at how fun the board was to ride, how fast it is, but quite surprised at how easy it is to control. I am relatively new to surfing, having just added PerfectPass in June of this year, which is the first time I was able to consistently ride ropeless.
I was worried the board would be squirrely, and sketchy to ride since it is 9” shorter than the CWB Ride that had been the board I was accustomed to riding, but I found that it helped me improve my riding almost immediately. I have tried it with two fin and four fin set-up and by far prefer the control of the four fins for now. Maybe when I get better I’ll switch to 2 fins for a looser feel.
I also love the Agenda traction on it. It really locks your feet in place.
I have purchased / tried other several other boards as I have recently caught the surfing bug in a big way. This board is by far my favorite. I have a 4’11” Shred Stixx Thresher that I will soon be selling.
I am 6’0” 180, and this board seems perfect for me. The nice part is, my 12 year old daughter loves it as well. She calls it “the little racer”.
If you are in the market for a board, I would highly recommend contacting Brock. His customer service is incredible. His pricing seems very reasonable. He can build you a custom board for less than you will pay for a lot of off the rack boards out there.
Here are some pics of the board / me riding. It looks like I copied Traxx poses on a couple of these.
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2013, 07:49 PM
MC Devotee

Glad you like it. That is almost the exact same as I am ordering my next board.

You lucked out finding that board. Now it's the best blade in your stack!!!

Fast isn't it? Have you rode it with only 2 fins yet?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-05-2013, 07:52 PM
MC Devotee

Go to Agenda and grab some wax, put it right on the pad. You can use the all temp as a base and summer on top if you want. Makes it last a little longer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2013, 10:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Maristar 210VRS
I have tried with just two fins, but for now I'm more comfortable with four.
I'm going to get some of the Future TMF knubster fins for the back. They should give me the hold I like, but allow the back to break free a little easier. It's good to have options!
I'll pick up some of that board wax. It has to work better than the 303 I put my pad once.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Reviving this thread...

Just ordered a board from Brock over at Doomswell. Brock spent probably 45 minutes to an hour on the phone with me going over all the differences I can have done to my custom board. We settled on the Bigstep since I'm a fatty, and my board will be designed and built in the next 6-8 weeks (hopefully sooner) based on the exact color scheme, pad style, fin setup, etc. Going with a 4 fin, 4'10" surf style board... it'll be all blue on the bottom with a couple white stripes down there, with the blue wrapping up on the rails of the board. The top should be all white with their logo as well. Should look clean and cool... plus matches my boat. Price was about 200 bucks lower than a soulcraft custom also, and I've heard nothing but great things about these boards. Definitely recommend looking into them!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2014 MasterCraft X30
Great to know cant wait to see some Pics!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:03 PM
MC Devotee

Yeah, I'm geared up to order another Doomswell also. I rode my new day1wake the other day, after an hour I hung it up and pulled out the DS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2014, 06:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X30, 6.0L, Gen2
Which Day 1 Wake board did you have? I just ordered one so I would love to get your feedback.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:55 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbray View Post
Which Day 1 Wake board did you have? I just ordered one so I would love to get your feedback.
I'll update after I get some more time on it. I have a modified Payne killer. felt like the E brake was stuck on. I'm going to pull the front pad and try to move my stance. may need to replace pads if I can figure out what the deal is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Tags
boarding, custom, doomswell, futures, wakesurf