Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-04-2013, 11:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Oh well another throughly lake tested boat...
I had similar problems with a 2012 so I gained some knowledge of the boats electronics...

Suggestions for finding the reasons why the speedo doesn't work: with ignition turned off disconnect the GPS Sensor in front of the windshield (plug right underneat the hull behind the seatback), the system should then revert to PerfectPass and show that in the touchscreen, see if you speedo stays dead. Suggestion to exchange the speedo completely since it's the main and central user electronics element present in all the boats (at least in 2012 that is) dont't forget pitch and roll calibration afterwards...

The blige should have the malfunction switch inside, so a full exchange should solve it...
2012 has completely different electronics than 2013. Crappy medallion system is gone.

My 2013 X2 has not had any problems. Which system do you have (the big touch screen or the smaller screen)? I have the smaller one and it has not had any problems.

Work with your dealer. MC will make it right.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft Prostar 190
I would avoid trying any out of the ordinary home fixes as you run a high risk of voiding warranty claims for those items. You being in the automotive business you'll understand what I'm talking about.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:09 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Might also invest in an extended warranty before the existing one expires. Typically you can purchase factory extended warranties within the first year of purchase. Be leery of non factory extended warranties as some aren't worth the paper they are printed on and usually cost more than an official m/c item (but dealers make more profit selling them which is why some push the non factory crap)
Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Talk to the dealer at length. MC has replaced boats in the past when there were unresolved issues.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.