Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 08-31-2013, 07:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 X star
How do you remove xstar interior!

I'm having a heck of a time with my bow interior. I saw the nuts in front and on side but the very front is hung up and I can't reach. The middle front interior is even worse. Got all but the left corn undone. No nut behind it but looks to be screwed in some how. At least that was how the other side was.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-Star, 2001 5.7L LTR
Your profile says you have a 2001 xstar, so I'm assuming that is the boat we are taking about.

I just did my interior last year, so I am all too familiar with the pain of taking the sides out of the bow.

Start by removing the center piece. To do this pull the bottom corners towards you. They are only held in with automotive door panel connectors. After that the whole piece slides up. It is held in by some L brackets.

Once that piece is out, you will see a 6" hole. If you are lucky, this hole will be big enough to get to the bolts in the top corners of the sides. For me it was not and I used a jig saw to oblong the hole.

You will need to remove the speakers to get to two more bolts. The remainder are on the back sides.

Good luck. Those were the worst for me to get out.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG1772 View Post
Your profile says you have a 2001 xstar, so I'm assuming that is the boat we are taking about.

I just did my interior last year, so I am all too familiar with the pain of taking the sides out of the bow.

Start by removing the center piece. To do this pull the bottom corners towards you. They are only held in with automotive door panel connectors. After that the whole piece slides up. It is held in by some L brackets.

Once that piece is out, you will see a 6" hole. If you are lucky, this hole will be big enough to get to the bolts in the top corners of the sides. For me it was not and I used a jig saw to oblong the hole.

You will need to remove the speakers to get to two more bolts. The remainder are on the back sides.

Good luck. Those were the worst for me to get out.
Finally figured it out. Do you have any idea how the heck you get the front grab rails off? I don't even know how they put them on from the factory since there is no real access point. I tried the speaker hole but its just too far. I really need to get these off so I can powder coat them and cut and polish my boat right.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Unfortunately, no I did not attempt to remove those. My suspicion is that they mount those before they put the top and lower portions if the hull together.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG1772 View Post
Unfortunately, no I did not attempt to remove those. My suspicion is that they mount those before they put the top and lower portions if the hull together.
I can almost reach it with my fingers so I know I could probably get it off but getting back on would be a whole new story! On the back and side panels any tricks? How many nuts will I need to remove?
Old 08-31-2013, 09:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Good luck with the hand rails.

If I recall, there is a bolt above and below the speaker. There are three on the back (from the locker or under the dash) and one more bolt on the side from the back. The ones on the back were under the carpet.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:34 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
bump ^

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767