Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-28-2013, 09:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X45
i rode my buddies new wakesetter with surf gate this past weekend and good god that thing was awesome! beautiful wave and was riding at least 15 feet back! would love to see this on a mastercraft.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft,Prostar197,MCX,SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mseller View Post
i rode my buddies new wakesetter with surf gate this past weekend and good god that thing was awesome! beautiful wave and was riding at least 15 feet back! would love to see this on a mastercraft.
which Wakesetter?
Old 08-28-2013, 05:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Brand new 01 X10
Unless MC comes out with something surf oriented soon, I'm jumping ship. (No pun intended of course) It wouldnt hurt for it to be all analog, no frills, and in the $60's please!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
yeah that wont ever happen. you just described a moomba mojo
Old 08-29-2013, 05:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
Well, one myth that seems to have busted... The NSS system ends up being used in combination with human and water ballast to lean the boat for competitions. To 'lean' the boat...

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...Ballast-Config

So if you're thinking it simplifies surf wave tuning, yes agreed it does. Does it solve all things in tuning the wave without moving people or water... Think again.

I continue to experiment with my new X30 in reducing time to switch sides... I've got it down to a few minutes, yes I'd spend less time with a system, don't have surf tabs either but based on the transfer tricks i see, I'm not driven get it down to a real-time switch over ...
Old 08-29-2013, 07:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaCraft View Post
Well, one myth that seems to have busted... The NSS system ends up being used in combination with human and water ballast to lean the boat for competitions. To 'lean' the boat...

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...Ballast-Config

So if you're thinking it simplifies surf wave tuning, yes agreed it does. Does it solve all things in tuning the wave without moving people or water... Think again.

I continue to experiment with my new X30 in reducing time to switch sides... I've got it down to a few minutes, yes I'd spend less time with a system, don't have surf tabs either but based on the transfer tricks i see, I'm not driven get it down to a real-time switch over ...
This was basically my conclusion after test driving the G23 and X30...MC was little more work, but thats part of the fun I decided.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:40 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinbroke View Post
which Wakesetter?
I believe it's the 21 vlx but thats a guess
Old 08-31-2013, 01:37 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Yeah throw us a bone here...

really looking for a more surfable MC in the future...
Old 08-31-2013, 03:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X30
My sales rep at Martin is saying it will be just a sac option. He may not have been told the truth or cannot say. For what it is worth, my 13 x30 can switch sides as fast as a surf gate boat. I fill all ballast including my plumbed in 750's in the back lockers and the small sacs (250's I think) under bow seats and use my surf tabs to change sides. Works good and makes it fun to fool around with going from one side to another. Still trying to learn to do it with no rope. Here is a shot of the port wake. Just me and my wife and 2 kids in boat. I will try to shoot a video later today or tommorow. Just not sure how to upload it.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcanada View Post
My sales rep at Martin is saying it will be just a sac option. He may not have been told the truth or cannot say. For what it is worth, my 13 x30 can switch sides as fast as a surf gate boat. I fill all ballast including my plumbed in 750's in the back lockers and the small sacs (250's I think) under bow seats and use my surf tabs to change sides. Works good and makes it fun to fool around with going from one side to another. Still trying to learn to do it with no rope. Here is a shot of the port wake. Just me and my wife and 2 kids in boat. I will try to shoot a video later today or tommorow. Just not sure how to upload it.
Yes please you or someone post a video. I've actually never tried this myself.