Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2013, 01:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Nordicron.....
why are you here? just to pick fights? seeming a little like wakeworld around TT with you here.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyxc View Post
Of the two I would probably go with the 210 if surfing is big for you.

However, consider this. If the G21 does come out next year, the retail/resale value of the 210 is going to plummet. It will no longer be the flagship 21 ft Nautique, and will be price accordingly, especially for a brand that goes with the premium image.
I agree with this. Maybe consider waiting until the G21 comes out just so that you can see the actual specs on it. You're in Canada so unfortunately, there might not be that much season left, could be worth waiting for. I know that CC is trying to position the [2014] 210 and 230 as "budget conscious" boats but they're still expensive as hell. Will the G21 be more? Yes but I think it will hold its value better than a similar sized boat that is now positioned as an economy version, even though it really doesn't seem like it. If you can wait, then you can compare the X10, 210, and G21 and not second guess your decision after making such a large purchase.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 Mastercraft X-25
Yeah, I'd wait for the G21 too. The G series are not the most attractive boat, in my opinion, but man, what a great wake they put out.

The X-10 is an awesome boat too, and hopefully MC will be coming out with a NSS/Surfgate system soon. It's hard to compete without one now. Someone who is buying a boat with primary usage to surf has to really want a Mastercraft to go MC vs. Nautique or Malibu, both of whom also make excellent boats. Or a Centurion Enzo if surfing is all you care about.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Who said anything about not adding ballast to the newer surf systems? Ofcourse you add ballast, you add it evenly though. That's the beauty. And funny you should mention koolaid, you seem to have drank your share from your comments.
3 things though-

-Weight evenly for a decent wave.....to get a top notch wave, they still weight the G23 unevenly...... even with NSS.

-Pretty sure everyone knows you are going to jump into every thread with this "buy a nautique" attitude. No need to copy and paste in every new thread on TT.

-MC is addressing this very soon. Don't act all superior, Nautique was late to the party as well.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
3 things though-

-Weight evenly for a decent wave.....to get a top notch wave, they still weight the G23 unevenly...... even with NSS.

-Pretty sure everyone knows you are going to jump into every thread with this "buy a nautique" attitude. No need to copy and paste in every new thread on TT.

-MC is addressing this very soon. Don't act all superior, Nautique was late to the party as well.
you have some info about a new surf system?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:59 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Who said anything about not adding ballast to the newer surf systems? Ofcourse you add ballast, you add it evenly though. That's the beauty. And funny you should mention koolaid, you seem to have drank your share from your comments.
Lmbo. Take a walk dude. I'm one of those guys who expects things to perform as stated. The other two systems do very little to enhance the wake compared to the difference you see in fit and finish. I wouldn't switch brands just to have a gate and still be messing with fat sacs. Jmo. You cone around he looking to sir the pot. Not going to happen with me.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
you have some info about a new surf system?
Not yet......supposedly going to be an announcement soon. My dealer couldn't get any specifics out of the MC rep, except, yes, we have a system coming. yes it will be soon. yes it will be available for retrofit on your customers XStar. And no, I cant tell you anymore. Just keep your eyes peeled in a few weeks.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X10
Not all things on MCs perform as stated... BIG cough cough, Touchscreen cough cough, Power Tower cough cough, P&P cough cough. Just saying...
Old 08-30-2013, 04:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Not yet......supposedly going to be an announcement soon. My dealer couldn't get any specifics out of the MC rep, except, yes, we have a system coming. yes it will be soon. yes it will be available for retrofit on your customers XStar. And no, I cant tell you anymore. Just keep your eyes peeled in a few weeks.
Excellent!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:09 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkriss View Post
Not all things on MCs perform as stated... BIG cough cough, Touchscreen cough cough, Power Tower cough cough, P&P cough cough. Just saying...
Big?? Never heard of any common problems with that. A couple random ones, like any other feature on any other boat.

Touchscreen?? You definitely got that one right

Power Tower? A couple customers had actuators break, MC designed a new bullet proof hydraulic system, retrofitted EVERY single PT sold, at their own expense, and haven't had a single failure since....... Sure, a little hiccup at first, but fully corrected soon after. And not very many people had actuators break.

PnP- I actually never heard of problems with this. Was there some??......Besides the problems with PnP that were actually due to the touchscreen problem....

Besides. Every single boat manufacturer has had gremlins with all of this new computer controlled crap. What is your point exactly?? If you really want to bring up an electrical megafail, lets talk about the early Malivue...... Medallion instruments, good riddance.