Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-29-2013, 11:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Really??? Have you dealt with Martin Motorsports?
I deal with Martin in Edmonton. Maybe because my boat it 14 years old, but I find them brutal. I know much more about my XStar trough this forum alone than they do. I stopped going there for the simple reason that it's always painful to get help. I buy all my parts online after reading forum threads rather than going to Martin Motor Sports. My next boat will be a Nautique simply because Wizard Lake Marine is better.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:48 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
I deal with Martin in Edmonton. Maybe because my boat it 14 years old, but I find them brutal. I know much more about my XStar trough this forum alone than they do. I stopped going there for the simple reason that it's always painful to get help. I buy all my parts online after reading forum threads rather than going to Martin Motor Sports. My next boat will be a Nautique simply because Wizard Lake Marine is better.
Hmmmmmm
Old 08-30-2013, 08:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Test surfed 210 and x10 today

Hey this prob doesn't carry much weight being I'm a Nautique guy but I can't believe anyone would buy a boat that didn't have the ability to switch sides without moving people and ballast from one side to the other. Comparing a boat that has NSS or even Surfgate and one that doesn't should be a no brainer for you! If surfing is important you will love the ability to not have to tip your boat over or not have to make all the regular riders go first then take 20mins to rearrange the boat to let the goofy person go! And driving a heavily weighted tipped over boat isn't fun for the passengers nor the driver.

Also they seriously said the g21 is gonna be 5400lbs? That's the same weight as the g23?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:29 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
The newly redesigned 210 really changed this boats appeal. The X10 would have beat out the 13 210 I think purely on storage alone. The redesign really boosted the 210 storage. The 08-12 interior feel and storage in the 210 always seemed sub par for a boat of its size and caliber. the 2014 redesign made the boat much deeper which gives it a way more of a modern wakeboat feel. The addition in the freeboard and seat height is very noticeable. Not sold on their new side ballast tanks instead of the wedge as of yet. Now you can't get boards in the rear compartments. The 210 has a sleeper of a surfwave with very little weight, but before the redesign for 2014 it really still had the old school, low profile, slim storage feet to it. Good luck with the choice. Both boats are gonna be killer no matter which route you go.

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 08-30-2013, 10:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
Of the two I would probably go with the 210 if surfing is big for you.

However, consider this. If the G21 does come out next year, the retail/resale value of the 210 is going to plummet. It will no longer be the flagship 21 ft Nautique, and will be price accordingly, especially for a brand that goes with the premium image.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:44 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
Quote:
Hmmmmmm
It's a valid point. I've literally had to go to Indmar's website at the parts desk and show them what I needed as my 5.7l LTR is foreign to them. I'm better off going to NAPA and buying Camaro parts.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:53 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Hey this prob doesn't carry much weight being I'm a Nautique guy but I can't believe anyone would buy a boat that didn't have the ability to switch sides without moving people and ballast from one side to the other. Comparing a boat that has NSS or even Surfgate and one that doesn't should be a no brainer for you! If surfing is important you will love the ability to not have to tip your boat over or not have to make all the regular riders go first then take 20mins to rearrange the boat to let the goofy person go! And driving a heavily weighted tipped over boat isn't fun for the passengers nor the driver.

Also they seriously said the g21 is gonna be 5400lbs? That's the same weight as the g23?
The systems on the competition don't make a big enough wave to run without ballast anyway. I'll gladly take the time to fill ballast over putting up with finishing that isn't up to par with the MC. No Koolaid here, just a fact.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:59 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
It's a valid point. I've literally had to go to Indmar's website at the parts desk and show them what I needed as my 5.7l LTR is foreign to them. I'm better off going to NAPA and buying Camaro parts.
That seems to be an issue with those of you with older boats. It really sucks, no reason not to provide the same service to all owers.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
The systems on the competition don't make a big enough wave to run without ballast anyway. I'll gladly take the time to fill ballast over putting up with finishing that isn't up to par with the MC. No Koolaid here, just a fact.
Who said anything about not adding ballast to the newer surf systems? Ofcourse you add ballast, you add it evenly though. That's the beauty. And funny you should mention koolaid, you seem to have drank your share from your comments.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
All his talk about Koolaid is making me thirsty. Can't we all just agree to hate on pwc's and out of state fishermen?