Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 08-27-2013, 08:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Had a buddy fall at 38' off and break his tibia and fibula this weekend. Sounded like a bad one, compound fracture, one out one side of the calf and the other on the opposite side near the ankle. Plates, screws and recovery ahead. He is a tough guy and I wish him the very best in recovery. One of the better skiers I know and an optimist. I hope he recovers well enough to ski again. He's not only a good guy, but good for the sport.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
Had a buddy fall at 38' off and break his tibia and fibula this weekend. Sounded like a bad one, compound fracture, one out one side of the calf and the other on the opposite side near the ankle. Plates, screws and recovery ahead. He is a tough guy and I wish him the very best in recovery. One of the better skiers I know and an optimist. I hope he recovers well enough to ski again. He's not only a good guy, but good for the sport.
OTF wipe out? running a course? What happened... binding not release? Is so which bindings was he wearing?

Wish him the speediest of recoveries...
Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
OTF wipe out? running a course? What happened... binding not release? Is so which bindings was he wearing?

Wish him the speediest of recoveries...
38 off in the course in a Tournament. I haven't spoken to him, but according to his wife hit a buoy. He wears hard shells. It sucks, to get hurt and this is a bad one. It seems like ankles at the balls and ribs at the wake. He does hundreds of passes a year and skies year round, his number came up.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
38 off in the course in a Tournament. I haven't spoken to him, but according to his wife hit a buoy. He wears hard shells. It sucks, to get hurt and this is a bad one. It seems like ankles at the balls and ribs at the wake. He does hundreds of passes a year and skies year round, his number came up.
Yeah compound fracture on one of the strongest bones in the body... really sucks...

again - wish him a speedy recovery.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:13 AM
chriscraftmatt1976

Ouch! Tell him heal up well. That sounds horrible!