Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #281  
Old 08-27-2013, 08:58 PM
h2oskifreak's Avatar
h2oskifreak h2oskifreak is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2007
Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Location: West
Posts: 1,190
Had a buddy fall at 38' off and break his tibia and fibula this weekend. Sounded like a bad one, compound fracture, one out one side of the calf and the other on the opposite side near the ankle. Plates, screws and recovery ahead. He is a tough guy and I wish him the very best in recovery. One of the better skiers I know and an optimist. I hope he recovers well enough to ski again. He's not only a good guy, but good for the sport.
__________________
"One foot in the grave, one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel" Petty
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 9,367
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
Had a buddy fall at 38' off and break his tibia and fibula this weekend. Sounded like a bad one, compound fracture, one out one side of the calf and the other on the opposite side near the ankle. Plates, screws and recovery ahead. He is a tough guy and I wish him the very best in recovery. One of the better skiers I know and an optimist. I hope he recovers well enough to ski again. He's not only a good guy, but good for the sport.
OTF wipe out? running a course? What happened... binding not release? Is so which bindings was he wearing?

Wish him the speediest of recoveries...
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 08-27-2013, 10:23 PM
h2oskifreak's Avatar
h2oskifreak h2oskifreak is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2007
Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Location: West
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
OTF wipe out? running a course? What happened... binding not release? Is so which bindings was he wearing?

Wish him the speediest of recoveries...
38 off in the course in a Tournament. I haven't spoken to him, but according to his wife hit a buoy. He wears hard shells. It sucks, to get hurt and this is a bad one. It seems like ankles at the balls and ribs at the wake. He does hundreds of passes a year and skies year round, his number came up.
__________________
"One foot in the grave, one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel" Petty
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 9,367
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
38 off in the course in a Tournament. I haven't spoken to him, but according to his wife hit a buoy. He wears hard shells. It sucks, to get hurt and this is a bad one. It seems like ankles at the balls and ribs at the wake. He does hundreds of passes a year and skies year round, his number came up.
Yeah compound fracture on one of the strongest bones in the body... really sucks...

again - wish him a speedy recovery.
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 08-28-2013, 07:13 AM
chriscraftmatt1976
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ouch! Tell him heal up well. That sounds horrible!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.