Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-27-2013, 12:13 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1994 Everingham, 351W
very nice..I have some valve covers very similiar. I need to check to see if they are angled. Anderson motor sports say they have a valve cover that is close to stock that will fit the roller rockers. I may try it first. I have to get rid of my hi dollar valve covers.

Funny thing..DIM had no idea, nor did Indmar or Barr marine who makes after market manifolds
Old 08-27-2013, 12:21 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyds2 View Post
very nice..I have some valve covers very similiar. I need to check to see if they are angled. Anderson motor sports say they have a valve cover that is close to stock that will fit the roller rockers. I may try it first. I have to get rid of my hi dollar valve covers.

Funny thing..DIM had no idea, nor did Indmar or Barr marine who makes after market manifolds
I know how you feel. Stock size valve cover that covers the roller rockers is definitely the way to go, originally I had the stock size black krinkle ford racing valve covers and they didn't clear my newly installed crane roller rockers thus leading to the 2nd set of valve covers which led to the clearance issues of the exhaust. I have heard the ford motorsports rockers clear stock valve covers but I wasn't buying another set of roller rockers. Good luck you'll get it figured out.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
nice engine!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:43 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1994 Everingham, 351W
valve covers for roller rockers

I received the covers from Anderson Motorsports. they are very close to stock. they fit fine and motor turns over with out the roller rockers hitting the covers.

The manifolds will clear as well. I really didn't want to add spacers on the manifolds. The covers are aluminum. However, they don't look near as good as my tall ford racing covers I had on.