Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 X-30 330hp
On our third boxer and to date haven't taken any out for a ride. Boxers don't do well in water and biggest fear is him being goofy, which they are the best at, and going overboard. You need to first know how your dog is in water, otherwise I have no problem 'em aboard.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstonrm View Post
On our third boxer and to date haven't taken any out for a ride. Boxers don't do well in water and biggest fear is him being goofy, which they are the best at, and going overboard. You need to first know how your dog is in water, otherwise I have no problem 'em aboard.
Our dog (9lb poodle) wears a life jacket while underway.......Lost him off the back of the boat once during a hole shot. Glad the jacket was on and I saw it happen, otherwise I could have been miles down the lake before I noticed he was missing............
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 08-21-2013, 03:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Strips
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstonrm View Post
Most boxers don't do we'll in water, that's for sure. But Our male thinks he's a lab and will retrieve anything we throw in the water. Our female could care less about the water and just likes to sit around getting attention. Boxers have practically 0% body fat and will sink if you aren't careful or don't have a life jacket on.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:23 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 mastercraft sammy duvall ,2013 ps214
love having my dog on the boat with us. we lost our 12 year old yellow lab last year and had to get a new dog before boating season. couldn't be more happy with the new puppy,just have to make sure she gets bathroom breaks
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft X7
We used to take our old golden every time. He loved the boat. He would even sneak down to the dock, climb in on his and take a nap. Our new golden isn't allowed onboard. He goes ape**** and freaks out. Only retriever I know that doesn't even like to swim

Here's a pic of Oakley's last boat ride....in his favorite spot. We lost him to cancer that winter.
Attached Images

2002 X7 (Current)

1988 Tristar 190 Open Bow (Old)
Old 08-22-2013, 08:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 X-30 330hp
What a beautiful Golden he was. No question at all he owned that spot! They never really leave us do they. If I could get my boxer to sit like that no question he'd be out with us.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:05 PM
chriscraftmatt1976

After reading all these comments I took my dogs, normally relegated to the pontoon and rowboat, out on the sns today. They thank you all.