Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > Wanted to Buy

Old 08-15-2013, 03:05 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 Mastercraft X2
WTB 2005 X-2 Replacement Cover

Anyone purchased a greatlakesskipper boat cover? I found one on there (#471023) that says it should fit but I am a little worried becuase my local dealer cannot confirm the part number as an valid #. Its only $175 + shipping but they will not take returns. If anyone knows a better place to get a good cover for my 05 X2 please let me know.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:10 PM
TT Newbie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTERCRAFT-...ht_3148wt_1209

This is the one i am looking at
Old 08-15-2013, 11:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Current: '03 X2 w/ MCX. Former: '91 Prostar
That's one of the factory covers that they use for shipping the boats to the dealer I believe. I've seen accounts of folks using them on here. Given the vinyl construction, can't see where it would be a good idea to use one unless you're positive the boat is bone dry before covering.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:08 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornstokes View Post
Anyone purchased a greatlakesskipper boat cover? I found one on there (#471023) that says it should fit but I am a little worried becuase my local dealer cannot confirm the part number as an valid #. Its only $175 + shipping but they will not take returns. If anyone knows a better place to get a good cover for my 05 X2 please let me know.
http://RNR-Marine.com/MASTERCRAFT.shtml

Covers 2005 X-2 Platform, Trailerable: http://rnr-marine.com/Purchase.php?p...05&modelnotes=

Doesn't Cover 2005 X-2 Platform, Trailerable: http://rnr-marine.com/Purchase.php?p...05&modelnotes=
Old 08-22-2013, 11:14 AM
TT Newbie

Why don't any of them have pictures to show the actual boat it fits on?
Old 08-24-2013, 08:21 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Why don't any of them have pictures to show the actual boat it fits on?
We'd love to ... but we have Boat-Covers for over 7,000 individual boat models.

... here is the 2005 X2 that it fits:
Old 08-26-2013, 01:01 PM
TT Newbie

platform cover portion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNR-Marine View Post
Assuming the "covers platform" vs. "doesn't cover platform" is refering to the swim platform...if so can the swim platform cover be removed? Can it be seperated while boat is stored in wet slip and later put on when boat is stored indoors?
Old 08-26-2013, 03:02 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Assuming the "covers platform" vs. "doesn't cover platform" is refering to the swim platform...if so can the swim platform cover be removed? Can it be seperated while boat is stored in wet slip and later put on when boat is stored indoors?
Thanks for asking ...

In order to make these cover "trailerable", they are all one piece, tightened with a cinch rope around the hem and cannot be separated.

When the cover has provisions to cover a swim platform, it ties at the rear below the swim platform, making it impractical to use in the water.

In addition, there are no provisions (cut-outs) for dock lines like a "Mooring Cover" would have. Because our covers are comparatively affordable, we have many owners who buy a quality Sunbrella cover from us and simply take it to their local canvas shop (or do it themselves) and add small opening (often with Velcro) for dock lines for mooring in the water.

We also have all of the Factory Original-Equipment Mooring Covers for MasterCraft boats from 2003-present (these have the MasterCRaft logo on them), as well as the OEM Bimini, Bow and COckpit Covers.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:14 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Viper
Can you sell me a one of the factory covers you mention above?

2006 X2

Thx,
Gary
Old 06-28-2014, 06:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
RNR . . .
There were two styles of towers that came on the 2005 X2 -- the older style that is shown in the pic you posted as well as the newer style which is on my 05 X2. See pic below.

Can you confirm if covers for both styles are available? (The opening for the rear legs on the newer style tower are further back than the older style, so the covers are different.)

Also, where on your website do I find the OEM mooring covers that you mentioned?
Attached Images

Tags
2005 x-2 boat cover, 2005 x2