Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2007, 12:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X-2 MCX
Ah, okay. I understand now. I did forget that I called them at some point.

Well, the issue is over. The dealer checked and replaced the ECU. Well, it was not the ECU. It was a loose wiring connector behind the driver's kick panel. I might of touched it, I might not.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:04 AM
MC Master Poster

"It was a loose wiring connector behind the driver's kick panel. I might of touched it, I might not."

I replied to your other thread about this too, but since your profile indicates that you're a pilot, let's make a comparison. If you do something to a plane and don't tell the people who maintain it, whose fault is it if the plane crashes?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:39 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 95 Prostar 205
Good to hear it is fixed. I knew it was a loose connection!

Now go enjoy your boat and find yourself a new dealer for next time you try to "self" install something.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X-2 MCX
JimN,

Not real good analogy. There is nothing I could change on our planes that would screw it up for anyone else. But, the matter is over. The manager and I agreed it wwas probably loose to begin with.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:50 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 prostart V
I have the same problem on my 2005 prostar V. But I got the boat and the gauges were not working when I got it. I got it from a guy I know locally who did not use boat at all this year but swore gauges were working last year.
Took it by dealer and they checked MMDC, ECU (with code computer), some new gauges, fuses, and the relays. With two service techs and myself trouble shooting we could not find the problem. My boat runs great, but the gauges don't work. Only the digital readout works giving lake and water temps and the infamous "ECU". I have checked the voltage difference at the ground block and the problem does not appear to be there unless one of the ground wires has a short in it.
Also, I checked voltage at back of one of the gauges and it was only 6 volts. The only other thing I thought it might could be other than MMDC, grounding, or loose wire connection is the buzzer sucking up to much voltage. I did notice on the small connection leaving the MMDC that there is a bare ground wire. I checked continuity between it and the ground block and it did not have any. However, I tied it to the ground block and the gauges are still not working.
My next steps are to keep trouble shootings look for loose connections and tracking the wires back to the engine and or ground. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:37 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
Do the back of your gauges look like this? If so, they are all on the same data bus and if one of them is malfunctioning it could keep them all from working. You could unplug one at a time and see if the others start working.

I'm not sure when MC went to this type of gauge, but this is what I have on my '07. Black and green thing is the plug that fits the gauge.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2013, 06:57 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005 prostart V
That is what I have. I have unpluged them all and even tried a new gauge from local MC dealer. Also, found out the 4 wires on my boat are as follows:
orange: 6v power from mmdc
yellow: CAN_MMDC --- this wire is digital feed
Back: Ground
Blue: power for lights

I also traced back the CAN feed to the ECU and the problem is not there.