Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft Prostar 190
^^When I first glanced at that image I thought "Holy crap, those are big speakers".
Old 08-20-2013, 04:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft,Prostar197,MCX,SD
Not sure I like the wide split option, should be a lot narrower. maybe a 8" or so.
Why so wide from the back of the seat to the back of the boat. Just seems like alot of dead space.
Whats in the lockers? I guess you could put a mother of a fat sack in there, but not sure taking up boat space for a nice wide seat for the skier is worth it.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
I bet those weights are part of R&D ... I would guess a ballast tank will be an option for trick skiers .... the wake is not there ... so I am guessing that once they know how much weight makes people happy they will move on to making a ballast system for the rear of the boat ..... lead over water? not in a slalom boat ... just my $0.02 ....

MTS .... hmm .. great point for the private lakers ...

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
Old 08-20-2013, 05:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS190
While I like the boat.. I feel they over thought a few things..

Like WHY WHY WHY do we need a boat that can be both open bow and or closed bow? This option to me seems to benefit the manufacturer costs and screws the guys who really want the true closed bow boats. I wonder if this "do both" option boat does either one of the functions as well as the traditional designs... Personally, I would never really care to own an open bow competition ski boat. I would NEVER want six people in my boat when I ski short line? DUH!

I have enough crap to carry around... without the option to carry optional seats and hood covers. I'm just not seeing the new design as being that great..

I was excited about the boat when it was first released.. but as I have been learning/thinking more about it... I'm losing interest.. not that I would EVER be able to afford it so it probably doesn't much matter what I think...

Things I do like.. the dash.. that improvement was a long time coming.. simple analog gauges would be okay with me too..
Old 08-20-2013, 05:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft,Prostar197,MCX,SD
[quote=flya750;970447]While I like the boat.. I feel they over thought a few things..

Like WHY WHY WHY do we need a boat that can be both open bow and or closed bow? This option to me seems to benefit the manufacturer costs and screws the guys who really want the true closed bow boats. I wonder if this "do both" option boat does either one of the functions as well as the traditional designs... Personally, I would never really care to own an open bow competition ski boat. I would NEVER want six people in my boat when I ski short line? DUH!

I have enough crap to carry around... without the option to carry optional seats and hood covers. I'm just not seeing the new design as being that great..

I was excited about the boat when it was first released.. but as I have been learning/thinking more about it... I'm losing interest.. not that I would EVER be able to afford it so it probably doesn't much matter what I think...

I highly doubt there is any loss for the convertible bow. The lid should weigh the same as a standard glassed over bow. So having an the option is great for resale. I think its a real win win.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
[quote=Goinbroke;970455]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flya750 View Post
While I like the boat.. I feel they over thought a few things..

I highly doubt there is any loss for the convertible bow. The lid should weigh the same as a standard glassed over bow. So having an the option is great for resale. I think its a real win win.
I'm sure it will greatly help the resale value too. you might want a closed bow which it offers, time to sell, put the seats in it and let it go. Everyone is happy and nothing is sacrificed. I like the open bow.. when we ski on the river, can't have people in the back, so they move to the front and we have an even better ski wake. Also beaching it up, its nice to have the open bow but this does offer the walk on bow cover which I like as well.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

The only thing that is saving the optional bow configuration for me is one thing.. and that is the ski racks on the sides... My traditional bow storage is needed... no IFs ANDs or BUTs! If this boat can't give me the same storage as a traditional bow then it loses for me. I carry two slalom skis and a combo pair at all times @ minimum.....I can put four skis in the new racks...the remaining storage should be sufficient to handle the rest of the stuff? Dual anchors, a sh!t load of life jackets coast guard and ski vests...dual spot lights, blankets, towels... etc...etc..Will it all fit in the new optional bow configuration?

Also, what about the gell coat in the bow area if there is an anchor flying around in storage? Is there any risk of damaging side gell coat walls? Of course, since there has been so little data released on the new boat...I still have lots of questions regarding its true crossover functionality....and I for one am not going to give it two thumbs up without much more consideration.

Where would a heater core go? for example? and all the hoses that provide the heat to the passengers? How would all of that work?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:40 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
Holy crap, spotlights, blankets and night vision? You are doing a ton more on your boat than I do with mine. fact is if I could put 4 ski's in my bow, I would not. Three maybe. I know one thing my gunnels are good for a flag, light pole and a couple of vests. Never, ever been able to put one ski let alone three in the gunnels. If the racks hold four ski's screw the bow. Just saying my 93 190 with two anchors, spotlights, fishing gear, stripper pole would not have enough room for one ski let alone a skier.
Quote:
The only thing that is saving the optional bow configuration for me is one thing.. and that is the ski racks on the sides... My traditional bow storage is needed... no IFs ANDs or BUTs! If this boat can't give me the same storage as a traditional bow then it loses for me. I carry two slalom skis and a combo pair at all times @ minimum.....I can put four skis in the new racks...the remaining storage should be sufficient to handle the rest of the stuff? Dual anchors, a sh!t load of life jackets coast guard and ski vests...dual spot lights, blankets, towels... etc...etc..Will it all fit in the new optional bow configuration?

Also, what about the gell coat in the bow area if there is an anchor flying around in storage? Is there any risk of damaging side gell coat walls? Of course, since there has been so little data released on the new boat...I still have lots of questions regarding its true crossover functionality....and I for one am not going to give it two thumbs up without much more consideration.

Where would a heater core go? for example? and all the hoses that provide the heat to the passengers? How would all of that work?

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 PM
chriscraftmatt1976

Quote:

I agree. We all have to wait and see. All we really know is the basic hull design.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Hello Hoosier Bob!

I have a '97 PS190. I believe it to be one of MC's best boats...(hint: I ski short line so I don't care about anything longer than 32' off)

I do use my boat for more than just my passion for short line. I have family and friends who ski and tube (all ski levels) - and we play on large lakes... so night time boating is done often.

I like the fact that my boat is pretty much stocked ready for anything.. dual spot lights is a must. One real deal and a waterproof battery backup Dual anchors... because as I mentioned... I do boat on a large lake with sandbars and I need to control the boat 100%.

I can store quite a bit up in my bow currently and I can still get two skis comfortably on the side gunnels... but if I do that... that effects where the cooler is stored and walk around area

Like I said.. My verdict is still out on the new boat... I need to see this new design in function.. .not just on facebook.

Chances are however... I will own my '97 until I can't physically ski anymore and I will die a happy happy happy man!