Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2013, 05:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
My dog has done far less damage than the average person does.
100% agree with you. I've raised 2 kids and we are on our second dog. The dogs shed but I keep a carvac in the boat. Neither dog has caused any damage to my boat(s) but I can't say the same for the kids and their friends.

I recall a previous post I made, and now that I think about it, our first dog had an "accident" but she held it the entire boat trip and let it go on the dock.

See below:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ighlight=brown
Old 08-19-2013, 05:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a Mastercraft
I remember reading that. Yeesh.

Our dog was getting a bit restless at the sand bar the other day. On the boat, off the boat, searching for something but I couldn't figure out what. Then it hit me--there's no solid ground for him to "go" on because the sandbar is 6-8" under and there is a 6' deep hole between us and shore.

Made my son put the dog's leash on and swim him to shore where he immediately found a spot in the woods and took care of it. He came back much more relaxed. Much better than your scenario.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Matercraft Prostar205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinGA View Post
Neighbor brought his black lab on the boat without asking... What a mess

Our dog is small and does not shed. Comes along for cruises
Sorry but that's just not cool! It's flat out rude and deserves a punch right in the face.....just kiddn'. But does need to be slapped around a bit...naaaah. Just kiddn' again. Still flat out rude no matter how u dice it!! Would never invite again!!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 35th Anniversary LQ9 Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
no dog will ever go on my boat ever

No Dogs On The Boat............. I think he is giving you the evil eye...
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2013, 07:06 PM
chriscraftmatt1976

Lmao...
Old 08-19-2013, 08:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrove View Post
Looking for experience with dogs on a boat.... Any problems with their feet damaging the vinyl? Any other considerations before I allow the family dog out on the water with us?
If hes not trained and well behaved forget it. But otherwise they are a joy and all of the sensory overload wears em out.

Also most dogs neef to be taught or coaxed to swim even water dogs. Dont expect them to jump off the dock right away.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 230 VRS
If I could have my 14 y/o golden back (few weeks ago), I'd let her on mine, though my vinyl has seen better days. Interior's in good shape, but it's simply a matter of perspective.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:03 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
My vinyl isn't in good enough shape to care about, so our Portuguese Water Dog goes with us a couple of times a year. It's a blast watching her launch over the side off the sun pad going after a kid that just dove in.

Just don't underestimate the amount of water that two 12 year olds and a dog can bring into the boat when they're climbing onto the boat, jumping in the water, climbing onto the boat, etc.

/frank
Old 08-20-2013, 08:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X-30
Our 21lb Boston Terrier loves to hit the lake. She never stops jumping, moving, etc. while on the boat and we've never had any issues with the interior...other than dog hair.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:45 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 Ski Nautique
Ive seen this question come up a number of times and always chuckle at responses- they always cover the full spectrum!

While there are certainly some people that could care less about damaging their interior, I think theyre in the minority on forums like this. For the rest of us who like to keep our boats in nice shape, I think it comes down to the individual dog. Would I let just any dog on my boat? Heck no. My buddy Tique though? Anytime. The hair comes up with a shop vac.
Attached Images