Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2013, 12:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
A big no.

I never understood why people beach their boats. It's usually one of two people. Either those who can afford to buy a new boat easily, or those who don't take care of their things.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I have to get in on this

Does this answer your question?

A weekend isn't going to hurt your boat.

But be careful, make sure you know the angle of the bank. In this photo believe it or not the prop is in 4-5 feet deep water.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2013, 01:22 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyxc View Post
A big no.

I never understood why people beach their boats. It's usually one of two people. Either those who can afford to buy a new boat easily, or those who don't take care of their things.
I bet my boats cleaner than most.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
Your boat, your bill
My boat will never touch earth, water only
Old 08-19-2013, 01:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
Thanks for the input. I'll be buying some more anchors and line. I already feel better about the holiday weekend!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209 - MCX
The PO of my boat beached it (seemed like they did it regularly), and it had damage all the way through the white bottom to fiberglass. I did a home repair with a kit I bought, but I'd rather not do that again.
As long as I own it, it won't be beached. I'll use an anchor buddy, or simply anchor it away from shore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
I have to get in on this

Does this answer your question?

A weekend isn't going to hurt your boat.

But be careful, make sure you know the angle of the bank. In this photo believe it or not the prop is in 4-5 feet deep water.

I'll be the guy in the boat to the right of your boat
Old 08-19-2013, 01:32 PM
MC Devotee

I wouldn't anchor off shore overnight parked stern to beach with just and anchor and bungie. Too much risk finding your boat beached the wrong direction in the morning, or slamming against something.

Earth isn't moving. Throw out two good anchors off stern on each side and tie the nose rope to a tree tight. And sleep soundly that it will be there in the morning.

It's two days. And I almost never beach my boat. Obviously if you did it every day it would cause damage. But the two times a year we are down river or out east I'm not gonna cry over a scuff (if you can even see it) I can buff out.

In the end, it's your boat.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 Stars & Stripes Prostar 190 351 285 hp
I camped at a lake once and saw a boat owner come up with a novel approach. He hammered a 4 ft stake into a shallow section, tied off the boat and used an inflatable raft to get to and from his site. We had a 60mph storm hit and the boat stayed put.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, x45, 2006, 8.1L
I always keep mine bow in still. Get it close to beaching then drop the box anchor (awesome awesome awesome anchor) off the rear, let it stretch and catch then drive the slide anchor into the beach. Take a few seconds and get the bow and stern lines tight and she doesn't move even with the rollers.

This allows me to be off the sand (no scratches) but have the bow ladder (yay pickle fork) dropped down and touching the ground or very close and still have the swim platform in deep enough water to jump in/hang out/use and not worry about the prop/shaft dragging. Its a pain to wade in 5 feet every time I want to get into the boat when it is reversed in, plus my islands/beaches can get crowded and getting backed in/turned around can be a pain too. The several times I backed in I ended up with the prop in the sand having to push off/empty ballast to get off the back. Just seems like more trouble to me.

Secured properly it doesn't move even with idiots throwing big breakers on the beach trying to look cool cruising close by. If it starts to rub I few adjustments of the rope and it is fully off the beach again.

Example pic attached. Probably 5' deep off the stern and a solid 12 to 18 inches under the bow but the ladder is on the sand.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2013, 02:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X1
My son and I make 5' "T" posts out of 2" PVC and a 2" auger bit. Drill it into the ground using a 3/4" PVC handle put through a hole in the top. We use bungee dock tie's for the rope so it doesn't hang in the water.
We park for hours at a beach away from the bank and they don't come loose. Even boats driving by and running wake up on us.
Last weekend we had 2 other boats tied to my boat and these anchors never pulled up.
Almost every V-Drive and D-Drive on our lake has a pair.