Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 08-10-2013, 01:07 PM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,765
Just seems there's nothing better than a great day behind the boat is there?

Got out on the lake with the sunrise, skied 2 sets, off by 830

Set 1

15 @ 30: 6
15 @ 30: 6
15 @ 32: 6
15 @ 32: 6
15 @ 34: 5
15 @ 34: 4

Set 2

15 @ 30: 6
15 @ 32: 6
15 @ 34: 5
15 @ 34: 3
15 @ 34: 6!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeehaw....

I'm sore and my hands HURT...

Bartender, hit me again...
__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-10-2013, 01:25 PM
André's Avatar
André André is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: Prostar 190 1994
Location: Near Sherbrooke,Québec,Canada
Posts: 4,430
Skipped my morning set today.My partner fell at his third pass and the rope slipped from the pylon without me noticing(No spotter!).
Caught the rope with the prop while picking him up!!!
After 20 minutes of diving under the boat,i was out of breath and out came the knife!
Managed to cut only the white rope and salvage the rest.
Second time this happen in 25 years of skiing.
__________________
Keep skiing!!!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-10-2013, 08:25 PM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,765
MikeG - where you at duuuude?
__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-10-2013, 08:33 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,727
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
I was out with fellow TT'rs - today... drilled on my wake crossing today... was very conscious of staying on edge, keeping hands down, and inside shoulder back....

Will post pictures later or tomorrow.
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-10-2013, 08:36 PM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,765
see my scores man??? I skied awesome today!
__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-10-2013, 08:37 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,727
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
see my scores man??? I skied awesome today!
Damn - that is awesome....

At this rate you're gonna need a new Prostar and start competing!
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-10-2013, 08:38 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,727
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Just seems there's nothing better than a great day behind the boat is there?

Got out on the lake with the sunrise, skied 2 sets, off by 830

Set 1

15 @ 30: 6
15 @ 30: 6
15 @ 32: 6
15 @ 32: 6
15 @ 34: 5
15 @ 34: 4

Set 2

15 @ 30: 6
15 @ 32: 6
15 @ 34: 5
15 @ 34: 3
15 @ 34: 6!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeehaw....

I'm sore and my hands HURT...

Bartender, hit me again...
THis is absolutely awesome... instant progress gratification!... How did 34 mph feel thru the course?
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-10-2013, 10:29 PM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
THis is absolutely awesome... instant progress gratification!... How did 34 mph feel thru the course?
Thanks!

The 1st few attempts @ 34 felt blazing fast... With more attempts it slowed down because I was learning it... The last 34 where I ran it, I ran as easily as I did the 30s!

My neck is a lil stiff, but I'll get over it...
__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:07 PM
svxwilson svxwilson is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2013
Boat: Ski Brendella, Super Comp, 1991, 351 Windsor
Location: Montana
Posts: 203
I need some advice. I ride left foot forward and I have never actually ran a course but I am a aggressive open water skier. I weigh 185lbs and am 6', I ride a HO Freeride 2009 with double attack 2012 boots. I can carve deep hard and fast from the right side but I have issues doing the same thing from the left side. I had a friend recommend initiating the left side turn one handed to pull my body around. I was outside the wake to the left and worked on my left turn a bunch the last day out and was slowly getting better with the one hand practice but it still didn't feel right. I am aware that my technique probably needs a lot of work as I am completely self taught.
Looking for some help on getting better at crossing the wake on edge and help carving harder.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 PM
TxsRiverRat's Avatar
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Location: Southwest
Posts: 3,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxwilson View Post
I need some advice. I ride left foot forward and I have never actually ran a course but I am a aggressive open water skier. I weigh 185lbs and am 6', I ride a HO Freeride 2009 with double attack 2012 boots. I can carve deep hard and fast from the right side but I have issues doing the same thing from the left side. I had a friend recommend initiating the left side turn one handed to pull my body around. I was outside the wake to the left and worked on my left turn a bunch the last day out and was slowly getting better with the one hand practice but it still didn't feel right. I am aware that my technique probably needs a lot of work as I am completely self taught.
Looking for some help on getting better at crossing the wake on edge and help carving harder.
That’s because left to right it is your offside pull.

A few things to try:

1. As you turn the ski, plant the handle and ski to it.
2. Look at the pylon in the boat
3. Give your right shoulder to the boat instead of pointing your shoulders in the direction of travel
4. Center your body on the ski so you have 65-70% of your weight on the front (you don’t want to tail ride).

Try that next time out and have someone film you. let me know how that works for you.
__________________
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.