Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-03-2013, 10:46 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ 50 View Post
So my wife is thinking she wants a tattoo. It will be her first and probably only and it won't be huge. She likes the star on our 2010 197 TT boat and may go with that. Who has some design ideas for the mastercraft star or some similar mastercraft type tattoo? pics or drawings would be great
Picture of the wife would help us help you!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:58 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Why would any guy get any tramp stamp much less this?

To be clear she doesn't want words. She just likes the design of the star. And our entire summer is spent together as a family at the lake on our boat. I would say it does have meaning for us.
I think this is a cool idea. You are thinking this star?

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 08-03-2013, 11:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
Where is she going to put it?
Old 08-03-2013, 12:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Strips
It's almost impossible for someone to pick out another persons tattoo. It's going to come down To what is important to her and what she likes. She will be the one living with it for the rest of her life.

I worked at a tattoo shop for a while and had a lot of people come to get cover ups because they didn't like what they got, or the original artist didn't get the tattoo right.

My suggestion would be to find a reputable tattoo shop in your area, spend some time in there looking over their flash and portfolio. Discuss the placement of the tattoo on the body too. Many times a tattoo can be an A+, but the location and how it is laid out can make it a bad one.

A tattoo Artist should be able to draw up a tattoo for you free of charge as long as you commit to getting it from him/her. Even a freehand sketch on the body can result in some of the best work an artist can do. Let the artist put their own unique thoughts in the tattoo and you won't regret it
Old 08-03-2013, 03:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukedeuce View Post
It's almost impossible for someone to pick out another persons tattoo. It's going to come down To what is important to her and what she likes. She will be the one living with it for the rest of her life.

I worked at a tattoo shop for a while and had a lot of people come to get cover ups because they didn't like what they got, or the original artist didn't get the tattoo right.

My suggestion would be to find a reputable tattoo shop in your area, spend some time in there looking over their flash and portfolio. Discuss the placement of the tattoo on the body too. Many times a tattoo can be an A+, but the location and how it is laid out can make it a bad one.

A tattoo Artist should be able to draw up a tattoo for you free of charge as long as you commit to getting it from him/her. Even a freehand sketch on the body can result in some of the best work an artist can do. Let the artist put their own unique thoughts in the tattoo and you won't regret it
x2! good advice here.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 MasterCraft PS 197 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
I think this is a cool idea. You are thinking this star?

originally she was thinking the MasterCraft star that kind of looks like it's moving in the wind, don't know how else to describe it. Now she is thinking just the basic five point star. Body placement will most likely be on the hip, maybe along her side down her ribs. she is meeting with the tattoo artist on Fri to do sketches. we are just looking to a bunch of MasterCraft experts who may possibly know some cool things MasterCraft has done with its star, or other small design things they have done that may look good. I will work on the picture.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
originally she was thinking the MasterCraft star that kind of looks like it's moving in the wind, don't know how else to describe it. Now she is thinking just the basic five point star. Body placement will most likely be on the hip, maybe along her side down her ribs. she is meeting with the tattoo artist on Fri to do sketches. we are just looking to a bunch of MasterCraft experts who may possibly know some cool things MasterCraft has done with its star, or other small design things they have done that may look good. I will work on the picture.
I like the idea. Sounds really cool.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com